jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Australian Open 2011

1. vanchen profile image87
    vanchenposted 6 years ago

Grand Slam tennis season again.  So far all of the mens seeds have won, excluding the 16th seed Mardy Fish.  Favorites are, as always, Federer and Nadal.

Thoughts on the tournament?

2. LakeShow T profile image80
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Same as always on the men's side with either Nadal or Federer likely to win the major. I thought the Kim Clijsters/Todd Woodbridge interview where she made him look like a fool will probably end up being the most memorable moment of the tournament. I'd swear that I've already seen that replayed on ESPN a dozen times, LoL. Poor guy got owned.

vanchenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've liked the interviews this year.  Much more light and fun than previous years; good stuff.

Already have a rematch of the US open semi final with Federer against Novak, with Nadal and Murray having their respective semi finals tonight.  Can't see either of them losing.

3. LakeShow T profile image80

Yeah, the final four on the men's side is pretty much as we have come to expect it to be. Upsets are always fun, but good tennis amongst the best is always great as well.

vanchenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm an injured Nadal loses in the Quarters... surprise, surprise...

4. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 6 years ago

FEDERER!

5. LakeShow T profile image80

Wow. Neither Federer or Nadal in the Finals. That has probably only happened less than a handful of times in the last 5-6 years. I'm not sure that is good for tennis because both of them are pursuing legacies as the greatest of all-time in the sport and the sport is really reeling right now. But on the other hand, players like Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic are certainly players who have started on their own legacies and they continue to grow.

6. hoodieweather profile image61
    hoodieweatherposted 6 years ago

Men's Final wasn't too exciting but the road there certainly was. The Women's Final was amazing. Kim's last Australian Open and she wins it. What a storybook finish! Watch out for Li Na this season!

7. guy1973 profile image61
    guy1973posted 6 years ago

I didnt enjoy the men's final, for a final i think that it was not that exciting and am disappointed that Nadal didn't make it to the final

8. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 6 years ago

Murray sucks

9. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

It's amazing how Murray can be so brilliant as long as the title he is competing for doesn't have the word 'major' associated with it!

He is truly a world class tennis player and some of the tennis he has played over the last couple of years, beating the likes of Nadal and Federer has been incredible - if he can ever win one of the big four titles, I think he'll win a lot more!

10. David Warner profile image60
    David Warnerposted 6 years ago

I m really very big friend of Australian open..

11. vanchen profile image87
    vanchenposted 6 years ago

Murray didn't play well in the finals and, although Novak played really well, it's the reason he lost.  Murray and the Djoker at their best is a match that's decided by one or two points - not three or four breaks.

working