jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Green Bay in the Super Bowl

1. bogerk profile image87
    bogerkposted 5 years ago

A lot of people picked them as preseason favorites, and were it not for a ton of injuries (14 players on the IR) they would have walked into the Super Bowl.

As it is, they showed they were the best in the NFC regardless and are about to take it to the Steelers in SB 45. Go Packers!!!

1. gracenotes profile image91
      gracenotesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was hoping that Green Bay would win today.

If they must meet the Steelers in the Super Bowl, please, please let the Packers win the championship.

I just found out today that Roger Staubach (my hero) is presenting the Vince Lombardi trophy to the Super Bowl champion, and I would rather he not have to do this for the Steelers, especially since it's at Cowboys Stadium.  In the 70's the Steelers beat his Cowboys team twice in the Super Bowl.  (Don't think Cowboys fans here ever recovered from that).  Oddly, I became a huge Terry Bradshaw fan, once he went into NFL broadcasting.  I love Terry!

Nonetheless, Go Packers!

2. 60
      InsideSportsFansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Huge win, even though the Bears made Aaron Rodgers look mortal again. Can he play well against the Steelers? Who knows... hey check out my blog at www.insidesportsfans.com.

3. LakeShow T profile image82
      LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have to give credit to the Packers "system". They have shown a Patriots-esque ability to plug-in players and be successful when losing players to injuries, free-agency, etc. That made a for a pretty seamless transition when they moved on from Favre to Rodgers and then this season through their various injuries. After RB Ryan Grant went down early in the season, the Packers were able to replace him very well with the likes of Jackson, Starks, and Kuhn. When Rodgers was out due to a concussion, Matt Flynn managed the game at Foxboro against the Patriots and they almost won that game. TE Jermichael Finley went down early in the season and they were able to get past that. This team improved a great deal on its big weakness from last year with the offensive line and that was all it took to set this team over the top, then the system did the rest. As a Vikings fan, I respect what they have built there in Green Bay. I have a feeling that coach McCarthy will be there for a while.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Packers is good in defense and can run offense too. Rodgers is just good. I like Clay there, but I am a fan of Steelers so there you go!

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

I was happy to see them win.  Now if the Jets can make a comeback.

1. 60
      InsideSportsFansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it seems like they didn't exactly come to play today with the same intensity that they had against their division rivals, the Pats. Don't ever count them out though, the Jets are always a bit dramatic. Check out my blog at www.insidesportsfans.com.