jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Faustino Asprilla

1. 0
    Martyv25posted 5 years ago

Would you class Tino Asprilla as one of the best ever foreign premiership players?

1. Pedrotoon profile image59
      Pedrotoonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends which fans you ask mate, I bet there aren't many Barcelona fans keen on him after a certain night in the nou camp wink

Seriously though, I think outside Newcastle (where he will always be a legend) he probably wasn't one of the best foreign imports. Fact is he was only over here for 3 seasons and if I remember correctly scored something like 9 or 10 premier league goals.

He wasn't great to watch, and as I say, I'm a toon fan and I wont forget him in a hurry. Legend. One of the best? Not for me

1. 0
        Martyv25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Got to be honest would agree with you probably not one of the best ever foreign imports, never really done anything other than the night at the Nou Camp. 

I was in a resturant in Jesmond at the weekend when he was at St james, he came in for some food and was literally worshipped by staff and customers.

It just got me thinking thats all, thanks for the following and fan mail nice to meet someone on here with same team interest as me.

2. michael ely profile image72
    michael elyposted 5 years ago

Coming from Scotland and not going to English league games i can only base my answer on what i have seen on TV, usually a lot of highlights programmes.
    When i think of the really top foreign players it would be Bergkamp, Cantona, Zola, Klinsman, Ronaldo, Viera.  I think Asprilla would certainly be well down the list of legends.

3. Donnacha C profile image85
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

best ever foreign Premiership Player in my opinion: Thierry Henry. Arsenal just isn`t the same since he left.

4. 0
    Martyv25posted 5 years ago

Thanks for your thoughs on the subject guys and girls. I forgot about Klinsman.

5. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

No way, he scored a couple of world class goals; asides from that he was a largely ineffective bit-part player.

1. 0
      Martyv25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are we talking about Klinsman here.