jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

2011 MLB Predictions - NL

1. bogerk profile image86
    bogerkposted 5 years ago

Just published my predictions for the 2011 MLB Season - National League:

http://hubpages.com/hub/2011-MLB-Season … nal-League

NL East:
    Philadelphia Phillies

NL Central:
    Milwaukee Brewers

NL West:
    Los Angeles Dodgers

NL MVP:
    Ryan Braun

NL Cy Young:
    Roy Halladay

NL Rookie of the Year:
    Craig Kimbrel

What are your predictions for the National League in the 2011 season?

2. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

It's hard to bet against the Phillies at this point. Their pitching staff is stacked and I don't think the other teams in their division have made enough improvements to contend with them.

3. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

I think the Braves will talk the division this year. They have a lot of talent. Depends on Philly though. I just wish this I guess.

1. bogerk profile image86
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think the Atlanta Braves can overtake the Phillies in the AL East barring major injuries to say Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins or Ryan Howard, but I think it will be more competitive than most people think and I also think the Braves have a very good shot at the NL Wild Card with the addition of Dan Uggla.

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

I think the rockies could surprise they added ty wiggington who will get around 35 homers at coars field,jose lopez an matt lindstrum who got over 25 saves with the astros. If Matt kemp is single the dodgers will win the west!!! I think cargo will win the nl mvp over votto and albert. cy young clayton kershaw(bold perdiction! I do think grienke will win 15-17 games with the brew crew(I loved that trade! the royals are so sad as a franchise)

5. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 5 years ago

The Braves did add some bats to the lineup with Uggla, but the Phillies pitching staff is superior and should be able to win the division. The problem with phillies is that they start the season slow, have a good middle of the season and then they finish strong at the end. Hopefully they will be consistent throughout the year.

6. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

Phily is always tough but nobody thought Atlanta would make the post season last year. They had the pitching but not the bats. With the addition of Uggla, this will help. They are a young team that will only get better. I am worried about Bobby being gone. Management could be their weakness.

7. number2son profile image60
    number2sonposted 5 years ago

Personally, I'm not the type to predict because whatever team plays better on the field is the better team and you can't account for injuries.  You may have the best team of all-time, on paper, but still miss the play-offs.  For example, last year, the Phillies were a big favorite over the Giants.  Sure the umpires may have helped, but the Phillies made too many mistakes to win a series.  So I guess you could write me down as "No Predictions."