jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Should Andy Carroll have gone to Liverpool?

1. 0
    Martyv25posted 5 years ago

Andy Carroll has today signed for Liverpool for 35m. Is this a good move or should Newcastle have kept a hold of their star man?

1. kinnsyg profile image61
      kinnsygposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think Carroll will prove to be a fantastic buy. But how Newcastle could cash in without lining up a replacement I'll never know. Only time will tell if his temperament can handle it.

2. warchild75 profile image47
    warchild75posted 5 years ago

ha ha everyone is slagging carroll off and i dont know why,he is a good striker and with better people around him he will mature into a fantastic one,sure he was a good 10mil overpriced but thats football for ya!!

3. 0

I ain't slagging Carroll, good luck to the lad. He says his hand was forced into leaving Newcastle.

As far as being around better players, my argument still stands why go to Liverpool?

4. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

Carroll is a great signing for Liverpool, but the way he got there is somewhat questionable....Maybe being at a bigger club will help him to grow up and no doubts Mrs. Nolan must be delighted to get him out her family home!

5. 61
    hoogleposted 5 years ago

considering david villa went to barca during the summer for 34 million so no I dont think he should have went to liverpool 15 million maybe . but 35 not a chance , 7 times what van der vaart was bought for ?
    also he has only had a half a season at most in the premier league and is not top scorer this year , nor was he last year. people always say to me whenever i bring this up he has potential 7-12 million for potential not 35 so no i dont think he should have gone to liverpool but fairplay to newcastle for gettin 35 mill

6. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 5 years ago

It's sad that he was forced to go. He was good at newcastle, I think he should have stayed and that he is not worth £35mil, hopefully he will prove his worth. Newcastle couldn't really do anything other than accept £35m I suppose.

7. 0

Hoogle, I'm a toon fan and I think Andy Carroll is great, but do agree with you 35m, a bit excessive when you look at the likes of Villa. The only reason I can think for such a huge sum of money is that Carroll had signed a new contract in Ocober 2010, masterful play by Mr Ashley I'm sure.

8. 60
    AlanFairweatherposted 5 years ago

Young big English centre forwards always go for record sums. Could take a while to beat that one though.

9. jojosocalledlife profile image61
    jojosocalledlifeposted 5 years ago