jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1st Sports article please commet

1. Gregoryy profile image60
    Gregoryyposted 5 years ago

i wrote my first hub about sprots teams from around the washington dc area can sum1 withany knowlege on it read and commet thanks

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hey gregoryy...i took a quick look...sports articles don't interest me.  however, from what i quickly scanned you have a number of spelling errors and are using informal language such as 'sum1' or 'u'.  If you are posting in the threads, then I don't mind the informal language, however i have different expectations for 'writing'.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.

The first thing to do is fix the grammar errors. Last names of people should be capitalized. It is the same with team names such as Redskins and city names such as Washington DC, not dc. (Technically DC should be D.C., but I see it both ways all the time.) There are some punctuations that need work also.

Break your paragraphs into separate text capsules. One way you can do this is to use a separate capsule for each team sport category you write about and use a title for the capsules to set up the paragraph.

There is a "grammar check" in the capsules that you can use. It is not perfect, but it helps to catch some errors.

Good luck with your writings.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Gregoryy--Stop spamming the forums please. This is the third thread you have started asking for critique of the same hub.