jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can you really learn from home?

1. ThunderKeys profile image81
    ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to become a proficient marital artist by mainly practicing at home?

1. 62
      ShortStoryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. taiciapar01 profile image60
    taiciapar01posted 5 years ago

I am not sure if you will be as proficient as the ones who do the formal trainings mostly in martial arts wherein being an apprentice is very important. I think it is an art form wherein actual learning and experience with a teacher is very essential. I learned Tai Chi before and i tried watching it on video streams like youtube and I also tried learning it through books but I gotta say, it is still the best experience when there is a teacher who shows you the very preciseness of every move and the details a teacher will push on you is inevitable since teachers would definitely correct your mistakes right away.
    I hope i helped you in some way or another. Bye.

1. ThunderKeys profile image81
      ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the reply.

Did you read my article and see the full model of training that I outline? Its not just training by yourself , but combining a detailed home study course with occasional private lessons. I also recommend training with a parnter, family member or friend.

Take care,

3. ujoutdoors profile image59
    ujoutdoorsposted 5 years ago

No, you can not learn at home and expect to be proficient. A martial art requires a student teacher relationship. The teacher is required to mold the student's each move with proper critique and motivation, otherwise it is a waste of time.

John Simeone
    10th Dan