jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

It`s Manchester Derby again this weekend....

1. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

Could City really challenge for the title? After Man UTD lost their first game this season against Wolves, are they more likely  to lose games now?

1. G Miah profile image83
      G Miahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think Man City will win this weekend and it will be hard for them against Man u who have lost their first game of the season, but will come back fighting.

I think Man U will still win the league.

2. the-real-deal? profile image79
      the-real-deal?posted 5 years ago in reply to this

As far as City have come this season I still think United will stroll home in the title race, they haven't really played well as yet this season and have only just been beaten.
      So I can't see City winning the title, not this season, with the backing of the Sheik and his countless Millions the title is only a matter of time though...

2. tazzmania89 profile image62
    tazzmania89posted 5 years ago

Let's not get crazy now. Yes, Man Utd lost ONE game but they still have the best defensive record (tied with Chelsea). They are 4 points ahead of Arsenal, 5 points ahead of Man City with a game in hand, and 10 points ahead of Chelsea and Tottenham. Man U is still looking really good.

1. G Miah profile image83
      G Miahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, but usually at this time of year things start to get messy with long term leaders of the starting to struggle to stay ahead. But Man U have shown in the past few years that they always have consistent form after January when they race to the finishing line on top of everyone else.

I think this year the title is between Man U, Man City and Arsenal.

3. pe555 profile image82
    pe555posted 5 years ago

Is it squeeky bum time already?. I don't think so. United should win tomorrow even though Smalling is in, replacing Ferdinand.
    The City defence is very suspect and with United's forwards all coming into good form right now, I just can't see City getting a result. I predict 2-0 to United.

4. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

interesting posts...I just have a sneaky feeling that City could snatch a winner tomorrow, with Rooney being in questionable form as well as Chicarito is injured....Ferdinand not playing is bad news for City as he is more like a liability at the back lately.....

5. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 5 years ago

i think Man City will win with Tevez in fantastic form and of course the rest of the team who have pulled themselves together over the last month.

Man U wiill struggle at the back i think, without Ferdinand who is reepaced by Smalling.

Don't forget, Man City have Ballotelli back who will be on the bench.