jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Cricket world cup?

1. maria.rose profile image61
    maria.roseposted 5 years ago

Who is the best team of 2011 Cricket world cup?

2. Alhamora profile image53
    Alhamoraposted 5 years ago

Obviously, the one that wins the final.smile

1. maria.rose profile image61
      maria.roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i agree but here i ask  witch team is best like SA , Australia , etc ........smile

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
        Rajab Nsubugaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If  I have my statistics right by ICC standings it is currently India. But if one is to go by performance in this particular tournament, it is Australia. I for one consider Pakistan to be the most talented team.

1. anujagarwal profile image70
          anujagarwalposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Rightly said Rajab! By performance Aus, Ind and SA are very good. Pakistan has one of the best bowling attack but they lack consistency.

2. maria.rose profile image61

hmm right man.........

3. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I think India and Sri Lanka have the best chances of winning the 2011 cricket world cup as they are familiar with the home conditions. Australia and South Africa too have good chances and Pakistan is the dark horse as on their day they can be the toughest team to beat.

4. Dale Nelson profile image29
    Dale Nelsonposted 5 years ago

I think the lead up games were not a true reflection of talent as most teams were playing conservatively.

I reckon Australia, Sri Lanka, India and South Africa make the semis.

The finals, havent decided yet. South Africa still to play first game tomorrow.

5. kannanwrites profile image82
    kannanwritesposted 5 years ago

India, South Africa, England and never write-off th Australians.

England still need to prove themselves after their performance against Netherlands.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi there Anu... Long time.. hope life is good for you! smile

Holland were brilliant for a team we have all considered to be 'minnows' and they were able to play their own game against England.

Although their form isn't that flash... I think you might see NZ step up in a tribute to Christchurch... the home of a few of the players. hmm

It will be interesting!

NZ - Aussi result will gauge a lot towards the outcome.

Life is great Pd...

Everyone really considered them as minnows but against England, they clearly gave the message not to underestimate us. Hope to have a good game between NZ and Aus.

2. kannanwrites profile image82
        kannanwritesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Eagerly waiting for the India vs England match.

2. maria.rose profile image61

ok ok    man lets see who is the  best .........smile

1. kannanwrites profile image82
        kannanwritesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Australians are showing their strength on the field. They are surely getting in the tournament mode.
        For India vs England, pretty much sure that Strauss will introduce Swann early in the innings, I guess Sehwag vs Graeme Swann will be nice contest to watch.

6. superwags profile image81
    superwagsposted 5 years ago

I hope England! I suspect they wont though. Their minds aren't on it; They've just won the ashes and have been away from home since October now. Their fielding performance yesterday was the worst I've ever seen.

Having said that, they chased down 293 quite comfortably I thought.

7. varun m s profile image60
    varun m sposted 5 years ago

Definitely India and sri lanka

8. Don Ship profile image80
    Don Shipposted 5 years ago

India, Australia, South Africa, England are all good! Pakistan has a strong bowling attack, Sri Lanka has good batsmen!

9. Alhamora profile image53
    Alhamoraposted 5 years ago

I remember Ponting said in an interview, the team that performs consistently throughout the world cup will win it.

In the last two world cups Australia was the clear favorite. But this time they are not, they lost the ashes to England and before that lost ODI series to India if I can remember correctly. If we check the performance of the top teams for the last 6 months or so, I would say India has the best chance to win it. But you never know Pakistan, they will always surprise you, sometimes with great results and sometimes with the opposite. Australia is still formidable and South Africa too but SA has a reputation of doing bad in ICC events.
    England lost Eion Morgan to injury who is a match winner and played a vital part in England's T20 triumph. And judging by their performance against Netherlands, they are a bit shaky.
    Srilanka is a good team and they play well in home condition, but the final will be in Mumbai, so that can go against them if they reach the final.
    Whatever, we will find  out in April 2.

working