jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Parachuting advice

1. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

Any last minute advice on parachuting?  Anything I SHOULD know before my first jump?

2. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Don't forget your Helmet. We are looking forward to see you in the New Hot Avatar.

3. Princessa profile image86

Hope I can make it ...I am already getting "jelly legs" about it.  Maybe doing the "wine tour" before the big jump helps wink

4. Pete Michner profile image87
    Pete Michnerposted 8 years ago

I've heard that if you encounter a problem while falling, you've got the rest of your life to get it solved smile

1. funride profile image78
      funrideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You´re not helping Princessa on this parachuting thing big_smile.

I´m suspect to help you (Princessa) on parachuting - last time I jumped (from a second floor balcony) I wasn´t wearing any parachute hmm. So my advise it´s to never forget to wear one wink.

Have fun!

5. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Pull the chord

6. Princessa profile image86

Thanks for the advice guys but at the last minute I pulled off sad  guess I was not ready and I suppose It didn't help my children's worried look saying "don't jump" !!!
    Still, even without jumping it was a great experience, I have learnt a lot -for next time- and the children had a good time playing hide and seek with all the other's parachuter's children. 

I promised to go back, and try again maybe after doing the "Cognac route" not too far from there smile

7. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

I hope you go back, as it is truly an exhilarating experience.

If you have done all the pre jump training, everything should happen pretty well automatically.

I still remember my first jump. It was from a 5 seater Cessna.

When the time came, I got out of the door of the plane, onto the step. 
    The instructor tapped me on the shoulder, which was the signal for me to let go, and throw my arms and legs back into a sort of star jump pattern.

The static line opened the chute, and it was a fantastic experience of enjoying the view and floating down to the ground. Landing came automatically, as we had been practicing the landing and body roll for quite a while.

I'd really encourage you to go back and try again.

Have Fun,
    Eric G.

1. Princessa profile image86
      Princessaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I will Eric, I will smile