jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Time For Arsene Wenger to Go?

1. Jamesmbailey profile image61
    Jamesmbaileyposted 5 years ago

In a season where Arsenal should have won the league, all that was needed was a goalkeeper and a decent centre back.  Is it time to let Arsene step upstairs and do what he does best?  bring the kids through.

1. Moiz1711 profile image61
      Moiz1711posted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

7 games to go and a game in hand, they haven't lost the league yet.

United have got Champions League games, and an FA Cup tie. United also have to play Chelsea.

To suggest that Arsenal have lost the league already is stupid when considering that one of those games is against Man Utd at the Emirates.

One would be best served to remember where Arsenal were before Wenger joined the club, and then look at where they are now. Including financially.

Wenger cannot fail to strengthen this summer, and he will strengthen, what he could have next season is a formidable side. The fact that you are admitting that they are two players away from being a fantastic side should be the only answer that you need to your question.

This shows how fickle football fans are, Arsenal have had a great season and can build on this next year if they sign the right players, they have the youngest side in the top four.

May one ask why you are so concerned? Do you not support Pompey, your local team?

1. Joy56 profile image60
        Joy56posted 5 years ago in reply to this

football . football  football.....

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Arsenal are still ahead of Chavsea and Citeh, despite the vast amounts of money that they have thrown around, and with style. He is one of the finest managers that the Premier League has ever seen, and I am confident that he is on the verge of building another great team. I really hope that they can still sneak in there and deny Baconface the title big_smile

All this from someone who doesn't particularly like Arsenal - I just hate them less than I hate Chavsea and Man Ure smile

1. Jamesmbailey profile image61
          Jamesmbaileyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not suggesting that arsenal have lost the league just yet but current form is not that of league champions. We all want to see the british clubs perform well in europe and after the first leg against Barca what happened?  I have no doubt arsenal will be challenging next year but do you not think that if all the stops were pulled out you would be league champions already and playing Shaktar Donetsk.

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
            Sufidreamerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is a strange season in the Premier League - nobody seems to want to win it! Whoever lifts the title will be the best of a bad bunch rather than a great team. Arsenal have underperformed, of that there is little doubt, but it is premature to say that Wenger should go, IMO.

PS: I am not an Arsenal fan, BTW, but I do like the way that they try to play. I am a proud supporter of Preston North End, who look like they are bound for League 1, barring a miracle hmm

As for the Champions League - I long since ceased caring about that particular competition, which merely serves as a money-spinner for the richer clubs smile

3. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do not like Arsenal but I really admire Arsene he is a quality manager. To suggest that he should step down is quite frankly a stupid suggestion. The team may still win the premier league as ryan pointed out, they have of late played poorly but that is not all down to the manager. I support Man U and see Arsenal as the team who could take the championship away from Utd.
      Surf is correct, non of the top teams have played that well this season esp Utd but they are still top for now.
      The title could still go to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea -it is far to early to ask wenger to start looking after the gran kids.

4. Donnacha C profile image84
      Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Arsene Wenger might be classified as a top class manager, but it means nothing if he is unable to win anything!! Even Birmingham have a title this season already! All his moaning and blame games did no favours to the team and its mostly overhyped players. It`s time to move on for Arsenal as clearly Wenger`s tactics aren`t working....I also agree that Arsenal would find it very difficult to win the league this season, Man UTD are just much stronger mentally and physically of course...Lets admit it: Arsenal had a terrible season and no amount of complaining will convince the fans that it wasn`t Wenger`s fault

2. theiconmurphy profile image59
    theiconmurphyposted 5 years ago

He should go if he doesn't win the league, it's been how long now? 03-04 season was their last league win and for a team like Arsenal, that's not good enough.

3. Madele34 profile image60
    Madele34posted 5 years ago

Mr Wenger will only do it "his way", they have great players but lack the heart and mentality of the players at Manchester United.
    Barcelona took them apart in Europe and Wenger knew it, a job for life was promised that job increasing looks like is going to "upstairs" and not sat on the bench.

4. Mr_Frugal profile image60
    Mr_Frugalposted 5 years ago

I admire Wenger but he needs to change his plan or go. Unfortunately Madele was right and he will only do it his way. Lets be honest though, if you got rid of him who would you get instead? Benitez hahaha