jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Scottie Pippen Most Underrated Small Forward in NBA?

1. Sports_Fan profile image60
    Sports_Fanposted 6 years ago

Through his 12 years playing with the Chicago Buls, Pippen spent much of his time playing under the shadow of Michael Jordan. For the 2 years he didn't play with Jordan, Pippen had the highest numbers of his career, received All-Star Game MVP Honors, and lead the league in steals.

To read more, check out my hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Scottie-Pippen- … in-the-NBA
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4908451_f248.jpg

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Under rated doesn't even begin to describe how vastly under rated he was, as he's arguably the most dominant swingman to ever play in the nba.

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. Scottie Pippen was great. On another team he may have been one of the legends of the game. He lived in the shadow of Michael Jordan, but never complained.

Note: Just so you know for future posting in forums---We are not allowed to post forums to promote our hubs.  You can use the Makeover section of the forums to ask for critique.

1. Sports_Fan profile image60
      Sports_Fanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, my apologies. Thanks for the heads up

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No problem. I remember someone reminded me of the same rule when I first started here.

3. profile image60
    moman32posted 6 years ago

Scottie Pippen was the best wing defender in the history of the NBA. Period. Yes, playing alongside Jordan helped him offensively, and Jordan's hyper-competitivism certainly rubbed off on Scottie and helped mold him into a great player. Just know this: only Jordan was a better all-around player in the nineties. Quote from Ron Harper, Pippen's teammate: "Everybody talks about MJ first, but Pip had a more all-round game. Defense, offensive rebounds, and defensive boards: Pip made the game easier for us to play."

Greatest Robin to Jordan's Batman ever.

working