jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

NBA - Is there a possibility of Gasol and Gasol in the playoffs?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Of course there is. Pau (Lakers) and Marc (Grizz) -  Pau has more epxerience. I want to see them this playoff playing against each other.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4995033_f248.jpg

Que Guapos!!

1. DJProfessorK profile image61
      DJProfessorKposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a definite possibility if Zach Randolph keeps playing like he has.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Definitely didn't think the Grizz would beat the Spurs.  I really don't think they'll Beat OK.  I think I'd rather see LA vs OK than the Gasols face off.

prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Let us see into the series if Grizz can win against Ok!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65

The Lakers needs to double up and work harder now. They lost last night 2-0. Gasol and Gasol might not be it.

3. LakeShow T profile image79
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

It's certainly a possibility at this point. In fact, it's what I'd like to see as a Laker fan. I'm just not sure how likely it is at this point. The Lakers however are not off to an ideal start in their series against Dallas. They essentially gave that game away on many accounts and will now have an uphill battle to get past this round.

On the other hand, the Grizzlies continue to surprise with their great team play and with their win in game one against the Thunder. Unless the Grizzlies continue to play perfect basketball like they did in game one, I'm not sure the Grizzlies will ultimately be able to overcome what I believe will be a one-sided officiated matchup in favor of the Thunder.

With all that said, although unlikely at this point, a Gasol v. Gasol matchup would be very interesting. Remember the two brothers were traded for one another between their respective teams in a trade that many believed at the time was one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history. Pau was a multi-time all-star entering the prime of his career and his little brother Marc was entirely unknown, unproven, and unheralded prospect in the NBA circles. The matchup would also be interesting to see if it would get physical with so much at stake, especially considering Pau is often criticized in one game for not being physical enough and then tries to make up for it in the next.

That sucks last night, Kobe was frustrated but he is not perfect, they gave that away really!

Pau can't be physical bec. think his body frame is not built for it, tall and lanky!

Things will be clearer after two more games! Even the East (Miami/Celtics) is getting exciting! Atl won last night too!

4. LakeShow T profile image79
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

Pau doesn't have to be physical per se in terms of his strength, but he needs to take the ball to the basket if he's not able to establish good post position rather than just standing around, taking 18-19 foot jump shots, or taking 16 foot fade-aways. Dunking the ball from a foot away would also be preferred rather than attempting a layup and getting it blocked. He also needs to work a little harder to establish that post position.

Right, the prospect is dim now. Like the Celtics, Lakers is in trouble too.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

No more possibility.

working