The Dodgers Are Broke

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

The LA Times is reporting the Dodgers don't have enough money to cover payroll at the end of this month. Since MLB made the decision last month to take control of the team, owner Frank McCourt has insisted the team is not in financial trouble and MLB's actions are unnecessary. He also denied taking $100 million from the team's coffers to fund a lavish lifestyle for himself and his ex-wife.

It looks like Bud Selig is going to get his wish and he'll be able to grab permanent control of the Dodgers away from the McCourts and shop them around to someone a bit more respectable... or maybe not. Mark Cuban didn't get to buy the Texas Rangers despite putting in the highest bid, but will Selig have no choice but to sell the Dodgers to him if there are no other competitive bids? Why are the Dodgers always being purchased by owners who were interested in buying other teams first (they were a consolation prize to the McCourts, who failed in their attempt to purchase the Red Sox)?

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

As a dodger fan I say let cuban buy them, hes a smart owner and will bring energy to the franchise! I hope he brings them back to vero for spring training!!!