jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

NBA - Any interesting new signings/trades?

1. Junkster profile image59
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

It's just over a month until my team the Celtics get started against Cleveland at the end of October and the rest of the NBA teams starting their next season. 

What I thought would be good to discuss is any interesting signings/trades being made during the off-season.  I know we've lost a few to free agents like James Posey, who I've always rated since he played at Miami (despite being a bit Bruce Bowen like with the aggression yikes) ) but a few draft icks sound promising like JR Giddens.

I admit I haven't been following the rest of the league so has anyone else hear dof any interesting moves/signings?

2. elisabeth reid profile image79
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

I haven't heard anything recently...NBA's been pretty quiet but I think that's got a lot to do with the after-effects of the Olympics.  Keep and eye on the trannies over the next few weeks; I suspect things will start heating up.

1. Junkster profile image59
      Junksterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Why keep an eye on the trannies?  Are they argueing over the best sunday frock?  Don't know if you know but over here in the UK a tranny is a person who dresses up in the opposite gender's clothes or has had gender swapping surgery smile

Also, Crashcromwell I know the 17th championship only seemed like last week for me, glad to see some more though plus my brother's team her ei nthe UK's division 3 start in two weeks so I'll be getting my fix of basketball action sooner rather than later.  That should be interesting as they were promoted to the 3rd division last season so it'll be good to see how they get on.

I can see some smaller clubs getting some impressive first round picks, possibly getting traded to teams like Detroit come the new year.  Chicago may be one to watch with this regard.

Just remembered I'm watching the Great Britain team this saturday in their first Olympic qualifier.  Should be good to see Luol Deng as I've met him before at a basketball camp a few years ago.

3. crashcromwell profile image79
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

To me, it's amazing how quickly the summer has flown by. I'm still reveling in the afterglow of championship number 17, and it doesn't feel quite right that NBA should be right around the corner. Plus, I'm focusing mostly on the Red Sox at the moment, who are still in the thick of things in the AL East, the most competitive division in MLB.

4. elisabeth reid profile image79

Heh.  Not that kind of 'tranny'.  Gotta keep an eye on the transactions.  I don't know about other places, but here the news/sports wires run a listing of all of them on a daily basis. 

Of course, if a player shows up at camp wearing stiletto heels and fishnets or adds lace to his athletic supporter I'd imagine that'd make a little bigger ripple than the transaction wire.

5. Junkster profile image59

Yeah we have them all the time on our sports news networks, except they're only ever for football (or Soccer if you're american)

I used to download NBA.tv daily which I'm sure would provide me with the info but my account with the site I d'led that off expired sad

6. elisabeth reid profile image79

What about NBA.com?  I'd imagine they'd have all the latest, although personally I find the site a little difficult to manage.  ESPN.com is easier but probably isn't as comprehensive and they seem to focus more on football (American football...NFL and college), especially this time of year.

Still...might be worth a shot.  And, if I'm not mistaken, ESPN or SI runs the AP transaction wire somewhere on the site -- you might have to look for it, though.

7. Junkster profile image59

Good Shout there Elizabeth, I was using espn.com during the playoffs.  Stats overload lol!

If you select the NBA section there's tonnes, especially like the rumors section.  I can already see a few I think will happen.