jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

who will replace Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge?

1. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

the latest canditate mentioned is pint sized Chelsea-legend Gianfranco Zola....who do you think would be the best replacement for the ever so polite and gracious Ancelotti? Should he be even replaced in the first place?

1. Yassop profile image80
      Yassopposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would be madness to replace him, he's done so well in his first season and is abit unlucky with injuries this season. They should stick with him for at least another season and then decide from there on.

If they do decide to sack him and hire Zola, I don't think he will be up to championship winning standards. While he did a great job at West Ham with the kind of players they have, I just don't think he will have enough experience in him to be actively competing for the EPL and Champion's League, with the FA cup and Carling cup as side bonuses. Just my opinion though.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As far as i know he hasn't been sacked yet. It is pure paper speculation that he will be replaced.

Gus Hiddinck and Zola have been bandered about as the next "dream ticket" but who knows.

2. Info Bucket profile image76
    Info Bucketposted 5 years ago

He'll stay there, hope so.

3. Alhamora profile image55
    Alhamoraposted 5 years ago

How about Ray Wilkins.

4. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago

Ray Wilkins does my head in when he is commenting on Sky Sports...he keeps calling players on their first names, and gets far too excited over nothing....he was a good coach, but maybe becoming a manager would be a step too far for him...

5. stuart747 profile image61
    stuart747posted 5 years ago

I think they need to stick with him, as a team they have had some of the very best managers, and as most of them say, it can take more than 1 or 2 seasons to assembly a good team, success does not come straight away, it needs to be worked upon.