Western Conf NBA - Who is going to win the series, OKC or the Mavs?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

The Mavs team is well rested and in fact hungry for the Championship title - we can say the same thing with the OKC.

Mavs is the favorite team to win one, but who knows the ball is round in basketball.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really hope Mavs win. smile My husband and I will be attending this game tonight.

prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good luck and I think that Mavs will win the series too.

Thank you big_smile I am glad Mavs won the game against Oklahoma. Mavs has been playing really hard, and I hope they win the series.

2. LakeShow T profile image75
    LakeShow Tposted 12 years ago

I'm going to pick the Mavs to win the series.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image55

I also pick Dallas, I am from Dallas. Go Dallas!!

Dallas all the way to the finals.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image55

Dirk is the MAN!!!!

UH-MAY-ZING!!!

5. forlan profile image61
    forlanposted 12 years ago

I am very sure Maverick

6. LakeShow T profile image75

Standing ovation goes out to Dirk Nowitzki. 48 points on only 15 shot attempts. That's the most efficient game I can ever remember. Possibly a historical playoff performance. It would have been for sure if it was later in the series.

As a side note however, I have to say that both Dirk and Durant get rewarded with free-throws far too easily and far too often for their style of play.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image55

1-1, OkC defense is good last night. Both Durant and Nowitzki have low score comparing to the first game of the series.

8. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I don't see either of these teams winning the finals.  Just not enough defense.  It's strange watching this matchup in the WFC.  I don't think it's Oklahoma's  time yet, but there is something that drives me a little nuts about Dallas.   Basketball is a game of matchups and I see these two teams as fairly equal.

9. LakeShow T profile image75

I'm glad to see the Mavs take game 3 on the Thunder's home-court despite the one-sided officiating in favor of the Thunder. That's the mark of a truly superior team there with Dallas. Mind you, I don't like either team in the least, but I am just calling it as I see it.

The Mavs also proved they can win when Dirk is not playing at a very high level. They're just so deep. They can win in a shootout and they can win a defensive battle like game 3.

The difference in this Mavs team from the past is the presence of Tyson Chandlder and Brendan Haywood. They are both long and athletic players that deter opposing teams shots in the paint and from going into the lane all together.

Everyone knows how good Dirk is; he is the best 7'0'' shooter of all-time. Jason Terry is an assassin and rarely misses a shot when he is able to set his feet. Jason Kidd is one of the best/ most effective 38 year old players ever in the NBA. Marion is not the player he once was, but is still athletic and able to get into passing lanes and finish in the paint. Peja will still hit the open 3's. And J.J. Barea is a mini-version of Steve Nash.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image55

Marion and Kidd showed some kind of leadership and Nowitzki is sharing good assists and shoots when it is needed.

The officiating sucks!

11. LakeShow T profile image75

Wow. Stunning. Shocking. Phenomenal comeback by the Dallas Mavs. Fans were headed for the exits when OKC had a 15 point lead with 4:50 to go. I don't like the Thunder, but them and their fans must feel empty after such a tough loss and that's a horrible feeling. Credit to the Mavs and Dirk in particular, who was hitting shots from all over the court.

Wow, What a game!

They're heading here at Dallas and I think this is it, off to the NBA Championship!!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55

That was a great comeback, the OKC is good at that game, but Mavs is better of course. Experience did it for the Mavs plus Dirk is the man!!

Yes OKC played a tough game. The young players can run fast. It's a great thing Mavs have experience. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)