jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Whats not to like - CAVS got the first draft pick - NBA

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Timberwolves then Jazz.

Congrats CAVS - 1st and 4th pick!!

1. Greek One profile image81
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what's not to like is my Raptors dropped to 5th

2. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But are they smart enough to use them wisely?

2. LakeShow T profile image80
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

I don't like it. My Timberwolves had the best chances of gaining the #1 pick and they fell back yet again. In their short franchise history, they have been in the lottery 14 times, and not only have they never won the #1 pick despite having one of the worst records in the league every year, but they have never moved up in the lottery. Never.

Even after all the bad luck (or the lottery being rigged as suggested by the T-Wolves GM) I still agree with the idea of a draft lottery as opposed to just going by team record. The lottery prevents to some degree teams tanking during the latter part of the season in order to get the #1 pick and surefire #1 overall picks like ShaQ, Duncan, LeBron, Derrick Rose, and John Wall, and Blake Griffin to name a few.

3. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Does anyone actually realize how lucky the bull by getting Derrick Rose first over all..

4. I am DB Cooper profile image67
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

Well, they had a 22.7% chance of getting the top pick, so it isn't a huge upset, but I still believe the NBA is rigged. They've been caught and/or admitted to rigging the system, and each time sports fans just seem to ignore it like it never happened. Does anyone remember the frozen/bent envelope incident that basically gave Patrick Ewing to the big market franchise (the Knicks) that the NBA hoped he would go to? What about a referee admitting he was paid by the mob to manipulate the score of NBA games, including playoff games? Which is more likely: the mob gave money to a man who didn't have any impact on games because they like to throw money away like that OR they gave money to a man who has more control over the outcome of a game than just about any non-player in any sport, and that man fixed games for them?

As if the past few decades haven't been bad enough for Clippers fans, the combination that won the first overall pick for the Cavs last night was from the pick they received as part of the Baron Davis for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon trade. The chances of that draft pick winning the #1 overall spot was just 2.8%.