jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is Kareem Abdul Jabbar being dissed by the Lakers?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

I was just watching espn the other day, and it was reported that Hall of Fame Laker legend, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, felt dissed by the fact that the lakers still haven't given him a statue yet.  Granted, the Lakers reps did say he IS the next in line for one, but he feels disrespected that the Lakers haven't given him one up to this point.  What do you think?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image79
      Drew Breezzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think he has an oversized head...

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

This seems like poor form for Kareem.  At the end of the day he was a great player, but his public persona isn't that likable.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  Don't get me wrong, he certainly deserves a statue for all he did for that team during his playing days, but I do question the timing and the way he's going about it.  I mean seriously.  The Lakers just hired a new head coach to replace Phil Jackson, and they're talking about possibly rebuilding; while getting prepared for a possible work stoppage in the off season.  Therefore, I doubt seriously that building a statue for kareem is exactly a high priority for the Lakers right now. No offense to Kareem, but his timing and the way he's making this public is just bad form for him.

working