jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Do You Think the Atlanta Thrashers Will Move to Winnipeg?

1. kingis profile image81
    kingisposted 6 years ago

The Atlanta Thrashers are for sale and it is looking all but certain that they are moving to Winnipeg. Atlanta has never been a hockey city the two times they have had teams.  Do not forget the Flames started in Atlanta before they moved to Calgary.  Winnipeg would love a team and I know they will support this team just like the old "Jets".  Personally, I would love to see a new Winnipeg team become the Jets, even if they have to buy the name back from the Phoenix Coyotes.  I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What happen to the old Jets, did they not get enough attendance to support the team to stay in the NHL in the first place?

2. kingis profile image81
    kingisposted 6 years ago

The old owners did not know how to financially run a team.  Also, they played in a very old and outdated arena.  The team's was supported by the fans and felt like their hearts were ripped out when the team was sold and moved to Phoenix.  Will Winnipeg support this team? Yes. They are just like all Canadian cities crazy about hockey.  Atlanta just never supports hockey even though they are one of the biggest cities in the US.  There are several other cities that currently have NHL teams that probably should not and Atlanta is one of them.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Best thing going for them - Canadian are crazy for hockey.

Do they have an updated arena and good management now?

working