I'm a Giants fan, but really?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I hope the Giants don't try and get revenge.  It's an unfortunate play, but one accident doesn't deserve intentional revenge.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6622575

1. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep - worry aboutthe baseball or whatever it is you are on about - never mind us huh !  Never mind the pitiful moderation standards, never mind the rude emails, never mind the unpublishing of perfectly good hubs because it has been flagged by a moron and unpublished by some trivial uneducated moderator, never mind the RSS feed b@ll@cks, never mind all the other complaints of your loyal and hardworking hubbers - lets chat about some uninteresting and seriously local game!

1. shogan profile image76
        shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?  He can't make a post about baseball?

Don't you think some serious comment from such a person is in order - nothing wrong with a whatthefu@k post in normal times I guess - but in the deafening incompetent silence of Hubpages - this ??????????????????????????????????????????????

Listen, I understand where you're coming from (I'm making squat, so I do get it),  but the only way for things to get better are for things to get better.  You can't hold Paul or any staff to an inhuman standard...that's just not going to help.  I don't know what is going to help, but I know that won't.

No inhuman stadard required - just normal polite, thought out, structured and competent would be enough to be going on with.

I don't want to derail this thread much more, but your expectation is that he shows no interest in anything other than fixing this site.  To me, that's an unfair expectation.

It reminds me of those that have an issue with a president taking a vacation.  Yes, there's always more to do, but that's the point...vacation or not, baseball talk or not, there will always be more to do.

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

how does this incident impact the next World Series Champions, The Toronto Blue Jays... and the player who will break Bond's record, but do it drug free (Jose Bautista)??

smile

Why do you assume he's drug free?  His over-the-top sudden increase in power smells funny.

1. Greek One profile image63
          Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bautista turned it around with the coaching help of Cito Gaston... he didn't gradually get stronger and better with the help of regular steroid use

Up to 2009, he never hit more than 16 homeruns in a season.  in 2010, he jumped to 54.  Obviously, he's hitting them out consistently this year so far, too.

I'm not saying he's using, but I am saying that no one should be confident that he isn't.  If it is simply Gaston's help, well, he should bottle and sell that, if possible.

2. optimus grimlock profile image62
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

thats true bean cousins the next time you play the marlins and let it go.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

I've watched the play a hundred times, and I still don't think it was dirty. Cousins turns his body sideways, but his body's movement was still directly down the third base line and across  home plate. He did not hunt for Posey. Posey's body was coming across the basepath when the contact was made -- and it should probably be noted that he didn't even have possession of the ball. Cousins wouldn't have been able to see this, and he made a split-second decision to go away from Posey's glove side and into his right shoulder instead of trying to slide to Posey's glove side (and the direction in which Posey was moving) and possibly get landed on by the catcher and his body of armor. At no point does Cousins leave the basepath. At no point does Cousins throw out an elbow or hand toward Posey's face (as often happens in these home plate collisions). Posey was hurt because when they collided his feet weren't planted properly and his lower body torqued awkwardly. If you want to see a dirty play at the plate, watch just about anytime Nyjer Morgan scores. I've seen him step over the plate and THEN throw an elbow at an unsuspecting catcher standing past the plate. He's very quietly become the dirtiest player in baseball.

I can understand why the Giants' GM is frustrated that he's lost his star catcher for the season and the injury might hamper his career, but that doesn't mean the play Cousins made was dirty or even wrong. He gave himself the best opportunity to score, and he succeeded. That run won the game. It's not his fault that Posey's legs were in an awkward position.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

The play was legitimate and acceptable baseball. You crash the catcher to knock the ball out. Always considered one of the thrills of baseball like stock-car crashes.
    Its only that this guy got really injured that it is suddenly a problem.

5. optimus grimlock profile image62

biggest think was he had planty of time to slide into home instead he chose to launch himself into posey when he was off the plate ans didnt have the ball. legite play cousins could of handled it better. the worst thing is the death threats that cousins is getting he wanted to win and noe hes paying for it.

6. optimus grimlock profile image62

im more shocked with grandersons power surge then the big jew machine bautista lol

7. Richard83 profile image70
    Richard83posted 12 years ago

I feel sorry for Cousins. Getting death treats. I don't blame him. He was trying to keep his job. What would you do if your job was on the line?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)