jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best game that you have ever been to?

1. spanishtoday profile image60
    spanishtodayposted 5 years ago

Explain why it was the best game for you.

1. 0
      Husky1970posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Duke vs. UNLV in the Hoosier Dome in the semifinals of the 1991 Final Four in Indianapolis.  UNLV was the prohibitive favorite, undefeated, and had defeated Duke by over 30 points in the 1990 Final Four.

Duke won and went on to defeat Kansas in the final for the National Championship.  Since I am a big Blue Devil fan, this game was the best ever.

2. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

2007 Brazilian Naked Twister Championship, Semi Finals, Rio vs San Paulo

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I have only had the opportunity to go to one game and it wasn't Football(Soccer).

I wouldn't attend a Soccer game, even if someone else paid for the ticket to get in and flew me to the game. lol

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

An old Southwest Confrence Game;
    Arkansas @ Texas in Austin, 3's 1 and 2 in the Nation, score was 15 to 13 Texas

very hard fought game, played well on both sides. I was Horse for 3 days following.  Back in the Coach Royal days.

hook em Horns!

5. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

An East Midlands derby between Nottingham Forest and Derby County about 5 years ago.

As a Forest fan we despise Derby County (and the feeling is mutual) who crest is the Ram however we know them as far worse.

Forest won 2-0 on the occassion although it was the atmosphere in the stadium which made it worthwhile

Derby County's manager at the time (John Gregory) refused to respond to any taunts from the home fan's until they started the chorus in irony of 'John Gregory's a football genius'

Derby's Italian International striker Fabrizio Ravanelli looked around in complete disarray when he was substituted in the second half and received a standing ovation from the Forest supporters. His performance had be diabolical!

The Forest fans rocked the stadium to a chorus of 'I'd rather bomb Derby than Iraq, Rather bomb derby than Iraq, I'd rather bomb Derby, I'd rather bomb Derby, Rather bomb Derby than Iraq'

I've never experienced an atmosphere like it at a football game since and probably never will again!