jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who are your allstars and why?

1. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

with the allstar game a few weeks away voting is coming to an end. Did you go for the obvious or did you vote for guys who are under the radar?

2. optimus grimlock profile image61

no one did there baseball allstar ballots wtf

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

If All Stars are selected by what you've done in the first half of the year, then the SF Giants Vogelsong deserves it.  With Boche managing, I wonder if the Giants will get three pitchers on the team.  Lincecum, Wilson and Vogelsong.

4. optimus grimlock profile image61

cain over wilson but I'm not a wilson fan. I think krimbal from atlanta and hanarahn from the pirates deserve it more, maybe storen to.

5. I am DB Cooper profile image68
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

My American League All Stars:
    catcher - Avila
    1st - Gonzalez
    2nd - Cano
    SS - Peralta
    3B - Rodriguez
    OF - Bautista
    OF - Granderson
    OF - Ellsbury

It looks like Russell Martin and Derek Jeter will be the top vote-getters for catcher and shortstop, respectively, and that's a shame. Alex Avila is better than Russell Martin in every aspect of the game. He hits for a much higher average with more power, and he's better defensively with a higher caught stealing percentage. Derek Jeter has had a great career, but he was one of the worst shortstops in the league this season even before he got injured. He has only 12 extra-base hits this season, and his sloth-like reflexes at shortstop have cost the Yankees wins.

working