jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Follow the Bouncing Paycheck..Dodger Style

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

The Los Angeles Dodgers say paychecks for some part-time game day staffers bounced, but not because the team didn't have enough money to cover them.

Dodgers file for bankruptcy
    Dodgers spokesman Josh Rawitch said Thursday that when the team filed for bankruptcy, its accounts were frozen for 48 hours.

Some security guards and ushers found their paychecks had bounced. Those who have direct deposit weren't affected.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Los- … ?GT1=39002

i guess pro sports isn't always lucrativeroll

1. davenmidtown profile image88
      davenmidtownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lucrative is subjective especially if you consider how money flows within a corporation.  They players were all paid, the managers were all paid and both represent the lucrative aspects of professional sports.  The daily workers were mostly paid but when you are paid an hourly fee the capability of being lucrative diminishes.   The fact that some payroll checks bounced is not a reflection of professional sports being lucrative or not it is a reflection of standard bankruptcy procedure.

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

baseball needs to take control of the dodgers and sell them to mark cuban or the hersisher/garvey group. As a dodger fan I hate this and frank mccourt!!!

1. Matt in Jax profile image80
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't MLB already have control of the Dodgers?

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

not officially, since Mccourt started the bankrupt paperwork theres a hold on baseball taking control of them. Theres a group headed by orel Hershiser and steve garvey who is waiting to buy them!!

1. Matt in Jax profile image80
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That would be a lot more favorable for Garvey and Bulldog to get that. I hope that's how it ends up.

working