jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Roger Clemens mistrial

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago via iphone

How did this happen?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image74
      Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The prosecution screwed up, trying to advance evidence that was previously deemed inadmissable. Who knows, the gov counsel may have even taken a bribe to do just that.

1. OutWest profile image60
        OutWestposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Probably fixed.  Baseball has had enough bad publicity.

2. optimus grimlock profile image55
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

Maybe the prosecution were yankee fans!

I'm a yankee fan and I hate Clemens. Always have. Never wanted to give up David Wells (a good spirited, team player, rich in character) for a self-obsessed jerk like Clemens.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Good quote from the judge on how much this cost tax payers and some pundits weighed in on if there will be a retrial.  Looks like there will be a hearing, and then a chance for the prosecution to respond. 

On one hand I'm tired of the steroid news, tax payer dollars going after it, but on the other, our legal system can't let people lie.  It falls apart if they don't see it through to a verdict.  Seems really dumb that prosecution showed the evidence they were told they couldn't.

4. optimus grimlock profile image55

The said only Lawyers who are still in college would make that mistake! oops

Which is why I cant out of my head the idea that it wasn't a mistake at all.

5. The Suburban Poet profile image82
    The Suburban Poetposted 6 years ago

Best I can tell the only thing our government is good at is spending money and blowing things up with bombs....

6. optimus grimlock profile image55

well ok I have a story you would like. When wells was on baltimore I was like 12 I asked for his autograph and the 40ish guy said "ya orson come and sign" Well replied " dont call me orson" The guy said Ok Orson, then well replied " If this kid want here Id knock you out" Top wich I said "go ahead I dont care" then we both laughed. To bad he didnt hit him I would of been on tv lol

7. brandonhart100 profile image82
    brandonhart100posted 6 years ago

I wonder if DNA infested needles and bloody cotton balls aren't enough... I guess we'll see.

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Living close to the Balco lab we hear a lot about this and Barry Bonds.  There are some rumors the feds have tons of evidence on a huge number of major league players and they have been waiting for these high profile cases to play out.  Looks like they'll have to wait longer.

working