jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

What Type Of Fishing Do You Enjoy Most ?

1. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 5 years ago

With so many options what type of fishing do you enjoy most ?

2. shogan profile image88
    shoganposted 5 years ago

For me, there is nothing more satisfying than flyfishing with a dry fly on a smooth pond or stream.

3. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

The easy kind.  A worm on a hook on the bottom, sitting on the bank of a remote pond or river (I get seasick in a boat).  For catfish.  They don't just hit and run, they take the bait and once they're hooked they're hooked; then I throw 'em back.  No bobbers;  too aggravating. Relaxation is all I'm really after.  I can forget about the rest of the world when I'm fishing.  Too bad I don't do it very often.

4. jcmayer777 profile image80
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

This year it's jigging for Walleye.  In the past, it's been topwater for bass, trolling for musky, and trolling for salmon on Lake Superior.

I've never gotten into ice fishing...too friggin' cold.

5. David Legg 7 profile image83
    David Legg 7posted 4 years ago

Jesus made His disciples fishers of men, and I like that kind best. Plus I'm a huge fan of fly fishing. I generally fly fish for trout. This year was a year we spent a lot of time pursuing Browns and Rainbows, but we also got in some excellent Cutthroat fishing, some Brookie fishing, and some Grayling fishing. Next year will likely be similar.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Saltwater fishing for reds, trout, flounder, sharks, drum, sheepshead, and cobia.

1. John Vetterli profile image61
      John Vetterliposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tenkara fly fishing on a mountain stream at 8,000 ft elevation.
      Check us out here:  www.tenkaraguides.com

7. steveamy profile image59
    steveamyposted 4 years ago

SurfCasting ... its about the Beach.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ditto! I enjoy freshwater fishing occasionally, but I LOVE saltwater fishing!

8. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

Fishing the Florida flats with surface lures. No better excitement then watching a surface lure getting hit by a large snook, gator trout, or redfish.

9. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

Fly fishing is nice, but I enjoy fishing the streams in the Rockies. The most amazing rainbow trout, makes for a great dinner around a campfire too.

A lot of those little streams you can go flip-fishing. Lay down on the side of a small bank when they have an undercut edge. Run your hand along the bottom, and if you feel a fish's belly you can flip it up on the bank.

10. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

Just to let you know how amazing it is in the Rockies, my first fishing trip ever, I caught two trout, we left them on a stringer in the water and went around the bend. On the way back, a bald eagle flew down and picked up my fish. Just so you know that it's not an exaggerated fishing story, the fish were only 6-inches each.

11. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 4 years ago

I loved going with my folks to snag paddlefish. It was amazing to see people snagging them and then nearly being pulled in to the water. They were an ugly looking fish, but interesting at the same time.

1. momster profile image61
      momsterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

PADDLEFISHING is the best. Cant wait to go in a few months.

12. nerdcore profile image81
    nerdcoreposted 4 years ago

Not at all a fisherman by any means. More of a social thing with family. I remember spending a day on a pier in sf bay, just hanging out, catching & tossing back the occasional bullheads & crab.

13. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 4 years ago

For me: I love freshwater fishing...but we have great saltwater fishing in my area...and I have always enjoyed it, too!

14. 0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

Fresh water pond fishing for small mouth bass is the best.