jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Best NFL Announcers

1. kingis profile image79
    kingisposted 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
       I would love to get your feed back as to which NFL announcers are the best and why?  I am solely looking just for NFL TV announcers.  Also, which pre and post game coverage is the best?  I think this will be a fun forum question for everyone in light of the upcoming NFL season.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 5 years ago

Dan Fouts and Collingsworth are just about the worst for me. Though if you have ever seen Collingsworth on HBO's Inside the NFL he isnt bad but maybe as it is a taped show and not a live play by play his over zealous acting is put on hold. Paul Simms is another one that when I hear him calling a game I hit the mute button.

For me the best announcer is Jon Gruden. He is smart and funny and knows when to let the play speak for itself. Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski round out the MNF trio but it is def Gruden that is my favorite.

I also love to hear Strahan on the Fox pre game show . . the rest of them annoy me especially Bradshaw. .

3. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I can tell you my NOT FAVORITE! Joe Buck.

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

strahan and marino add nothing to pregame. I like howie, terry's funny but annoying at times, shannon sharpe,brian bilick,aikman.

5. Stressed 24\7 profile image60
    Stressed 24\7posted 5 years ago

I believe my most enjoyable announcer was john madden. Football doesnt seem the same without his voice being involved.I remember growing up to voices like Howard Cosell ,Tom Brookskire and Pat Summerall .MY dad used to say thats when football was real and it wasnt all about the money .I guess i kind of understand now with that recent lockout.I still love eat and sleep football cant wait till the season starts. Go cowboys!!!!!

6. kingis profile image79
    kingisposted 5 years ago

For pregame show, FOX's gang is the best.  For calling of the games, I would pick Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth as the best.

7. 61
    apeperasposted 5 years ago

I would have to say John Madden when he was announcing and Al michaels are the best. Cris Collinsworth is moronic and sometimes says things that don't make sense and runs his mouth way too much. He's a Dallas Cowboys hater along with Aikman from Fox. Aikman needs to leave the broadcasting booth

1. 61
      Timmy Hposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The team of Michaels and Collinsworth is the only one I really like. I thought that CBS should have left Greg Gumbel and Phil Simms together. Simms is good but Jim Nantz seems better suited for golf and basketball. Not a fan of Buck and Aikman.
      I miss the old days when the game did the talking.