Rugby World Cup Result Ireland v USA

1. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Rugby World Cup: Ireland: Full-time: Ire 22 USA 10: And there you have it. Ireland fails to hit the ground running in this World Cup and plod their way through an uninspiring contest. The performance certainly leaves Kidney and his management team with more questions than answers.

1. Donnacha C profile image84
      Donnacha Cposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I`m not Irish, but I live in Ireland for over 7 years, and follow Irish rugby religiously. It`s so typical of the Irish to trash the team after a not so perfect performance, but forgot the fact that thye won at the end! Why can`t you be just a bit more supportive of your own???? Look at Wales, they played a great game against South Africa, I`m sure the Welsh are delighted. Or maybe not, as they lost at the end!

1. SimeyC profile image87
        SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Gotta agree - you want to get your poor games out at the beginning of the tournament - as long as you win and move on then it doesn't matter how you played!

Look at England in the last world cup (and this one) - they played very poor rugby and were lucky to get to the quarter finals - after that they played effective Rugby and were close to winning the final - even though they were an old and average side - so take heart - Ireland, England and Scotland can improve - Wales are already playing brilliantly and one wonders whether they can keep up that level all the way through the tournament!