jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Alex Smith Debate

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

Thinking more about the 49ers, I think the goal of the team is to limit mistakes.  Alex Smith will throw more short quick passes.  They'll run the ball at a balanced rate.  They will do their best to keep him out of situations where he has to make big plays, but they'll be opportunistic to throw the ball down field in low risk situations like second down and 1.

If Alex can be efficient and limit his mistakes, is this good enough to be in the upper echelons of NFL QBs?  I watched Orton for Denver make mistakes that cost the game, I think Romo's mistakes were costly as well last week. 

Romo and Smith square up this week.  Who makes less mistakes in week 2.  Romo or Smith?

2. 60
    apeperasposted 5 years ago

This is a good topic of discussion. Considering Romo played well for three quarters and the Cowboys O line and defense played very well. I will Take the Cowboys and Romo to win the game on Sunday. Alex Smith will be forced in to making more mistakes because of Rob Ryan's Defense. Cowboys win 24-13

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

smith at his best is a mid level qb but he is a good locker room guy.

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

The game is in SF.  I think there will be a good crowd and a really good test for the 49ers.  Dallas is favored by 3 points.  I'm a bit surprised they aren't favored by more.  I'm really looking forward to the game.

1. INFJay profile image85
      INFJayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I too am looking forward to the game. Interestingly, every  Dallas game I watched last year and this year (so far), Dallas looses! I do like Romo's consistency in fourth quarter play, which is why my Texas friends call him "Choko-Romo."