jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Who's Excited for Winter??

1. NorthwestPow profile image61
    NorthwestPowposted 5 years ago

Winter's on it's way! Up here in Oregon the leaves are changing, the air seems crisper by the day and the grey clouds are moving in quickly! They say we're in for another La Nina which usually means good things for the Pacific Northwest; is anybody else a Northwest skier?

2. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

I'm certainly looking forward to the winter. Just booked a few days in Scotland and hoping I will be able to get some skiing in while up there (or climb Ben Nevis if the weather is not so bad!)

I'm also looking forward to skiing in Andorra in March

Winter marks the start of my cycling periodisation too and it's going to be great to get on the bike and ride at times for the sake of riding. Seeing new places, exploring new roads

Having said that we have a bit of a late summer here today in the UK. 27 degrees tonight in Nottingham, UK

1. NorthwestPow profile image61
      NorthwestPowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've heard is sweltering in the UK right now! Not at all winter like. Speaking of skiing in Scotland, this forum: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show … !%29/page2   (not spamming, just cool pictures) has some really amazing pictures of backcountry ski adventures in Wales. Definitely opened my eyes to the ski potential of the Northern UK

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'm more of a "New England Winter Dreader" than a Northwest Skier.   hmm  I pretty much go into mental hibernation at the first sign the Winter has set in - and emerge from hibernation when Ground Hog Day occurs and I declare February 2 as the beginning of "Mental Spring".   smile