jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do to keep those extra pounds away??Sports? Diet? Tell me

1. cmontijo profile image60
    cmontijoposted 5 years ago

A few weeks ago I started playing ping pong (table tennis) because my neighbor gave me one, since then I've been losing weight in a good manner. I was 187 pounds(I'm 6 feet tall) and now I'm at 178-180) that means it's 3.5 pounds/week which is a good rate at my age, not doing an extreme diet. Soon I'll start making hubs about losing weight and some methods I've used when I was 230 pounds(march 2010)  Share your way to keep in shape with other Hubbers.

1. Acheolis profile image70
      Acheolisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I always just turn some music on and dance.Dancing in the morning also helps get my blood flowing without drinking energy drinks/coffee.Keeping an eye on the portions of daily meals is key and works for anyone. big_smile

cmontijoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yup that's the way to go smile say no to coffee and to energy drinks. No caffeine equal the life.

2. 0
    Wilfionposted 5 years ago

It depends which season it is.  In the summer, I never feel like eating a lot, so I lose weight.  However, as the winter approaches, I start to stuff myself all day.  Already, in the past couple of weeks, I have put on half a stone in weight.  I'm sure there must be some evolutionary reason for this.

Hahaha the same thing happen to me, but in the rainy season, because I live in Puerto Rico I can't enjoy winter with snow

3. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

Both. I exercise regularly, average 4 times a week and eat mainly fresh food, ie lots of fruit and vegetables. I don't think diet alone keeps the weight off.

Avg. of 4 times a week is great, eating good food indeed will maintain a person in shape. Like they say " you are what you eat"
      Ah and by the way my dad managed to lose aprox. 140 pounds in a year and 2 months by only eating because his Myasthenia Gravis won't allow it.

1. MPG Narratives profile image60
        MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

True, in some cases it can be done with diet alone but generally exercise and diet together is a better option.

working