jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Are the Detroit Lions in trouble?

1. thelyricwriter profile image49
    thelyricwriterposted 4 years ago

The Lions are now losers of two straight and Matthew Stafford says he is fine after tweaking his ankle. Detroit still has two games against Green Bay and play the Bears one more time. Are they in trouble? Is their game against the Broncos now a must win game?

2. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 4 years ago

They were never really in it, in my opinion. They are a much better team, they are no longer the pushover they once were. But to say they had a chance at the playoffs was, and still is a long shot. I'm liking the Bear's chances.

It is not a must win game, but it would certainly hurt a lot to lose again.

3. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

There fine injuries are hurting them like any other team. The bears have a run game,a defence thats hit or miss and are in more trouble then the lions.

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is how much you watch the Bears.

They have no run game. Matt forte gets mostly all of his yards from passes. Running screens, and he occasionally breaks for a long one for a sweep. He never goes up the middle, he might be the worst RB I have ever seen going up the middle. He runs right into the back of his lineman every run. Matt Forte is a good running back, but he is way overrated. No doubt this is the best he has played, but that is because it is his contract year.

The defense is not hit or miss, the defense is more solid and more disciplined than most defenses. It is a unit with the same people on, it isn't hit or miss. They either do the job or they don't. 1 and a half bad games is not hit or miss against one of the hardest schedules out there(to this point). 2-3 blown plays, that normally wouldn't happened and uncharacteristic missed tackles bye several key players.

If Detroit doesn't beat Denver this weekend they are in some big trouble. Then they play Chicago at home after a they get a bye week. I'm giving the Bears the edge at home with some pretty good confidence.

Lions were never a playoff contender, they are just no longer a pushover. This does not mean that they are a bad team, they have improved greatly from the last several years. The Bears aren't much better and will be lucky to get the wild card too. It would be even more lucky for Detroit to get it. They have the best WRs and one of the best interior linemen, which doesn't mean you are going to win.

Not to mention Special teams is a huge part of the game, and the Bears blow nearly every team out of the water in that regard. Special teams can easily win you games.

4. optimus grimlock profile image61

your right forte only has 600 yards rushing thats not much at all for 6 games! Your right the defence is so awesome your secondary is looking for arena guys to play for them! the linbackers are good you have some good dl guys and after that you have guys who could play for the colts lol. Forte isnt overrated he can run,catch block and doesnt bitch if anything hes underrated!

5. thelyricwriter profile image49
    thelyricwriterposted 4 years ago

I do agree that Chicago is hit and miss, but Chicago is playing much better now. They are usually a second half of the season team. It always takes them some time to get going. Matt Forte and Hester are dangerous weapons. Forte can put up 100 yards receiving or rushing. He is also a good blocking back. Their issue and has been is their offensive line. They have played good in the last 2 games. Detroit can't afford to lose to Denver on Sunday. The Lions are much better and a good team. I am worried about what they are not saying about Matthew Stafford though.

6. optimus grimlock profile image61

not after yesterday there not in trouble lol

7. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 4 years ago

Well, Detroit's season is over after the Bears destroyed them. There was/is no question that Detroit is a much upgraded team.. But the fact is they are upgraded from a push-over team to a team you have to show up to play. The Bears on the other hand have been a much more solid team for quite some years. They also have a defense filled with great leaders, players, which is huge.

My observation of Matt Forte is simple, I have seen every single one of his plays. And yes this is the best he has run, but that doesn't make him the best.

I used to like Detroit, but after yesterday's game Stafforf needs to get injured again, and so does Fairley and Suh for being dirty players... What was with Brigg's legit hit getting flagged? I was hoping Lovie would give Schwartz the Harbaugh tap.

This is by far Matt Forte's best season, and best actual running season. He is/was overrated as being considered the best back in the league, there is no question about that. If you want to be considered the best back in the league, then you have to compare to him. He can not through the tackles at all, and the last few seasons. He is also useless is the red zone. To be considered the best back in the league you need to have actual data that proves it year in and year out. He has touched the ball more than any other back because the Bear's offense is not very good. The offensive line can finally block.

http://www.nfl.com/player/adrianpeterso … 64/profile

I also like this guy a lot