jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Pujols signs with Angel.

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

10 yrs 250 million dollars!!! Do you like this move by the Angels? I know I do now he can dh and not play everyday!

2. I am DB Cooper profile image65
    I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago

It makes the Angels better for the next 5 years. After that, it depends on how Pujols declines. I'm worried that teams are forgetting what typical decline looks like because they've been clouded by the steroid era. Guys don't normally hit 200 home runs after they turn 35. Pujols is a great player, but is he still going to be hitting 35 home runs a season when he's 42? The Angels must expect him to, because they'll be paying him $25 million a season.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes, I agree in Econ it is called "law of diminishing marginal returns". Just like A-Rod.

3. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 4 years ago

I think it's a great move and I'm sure the Angels have some trade clauses in case they don't want to keep him for the full term. You can play longer in the AL trhan you can in the NL because of the designated hitter role. The Angels only need his bat at this point and it will prolong his carreer to the point where he could play 10 more years. He'll also fill the seats and I'm not looking forward to paying higher prices for tickets. You can't say the Angels are not trying...I like the aggressive moves.

4. Kasey Reusser profile image61
    Kasey Reusserposted 4 years ago

Even though I don't believe any player is worth the price athletes get, I like the move for the Angels.  I got to watch alot of the Cardinals' games here in the midwest.  It is a good addition for them.  I agree with the comment that he doesn't have to start in the field everyday, so it can prolong his career too.  The Angels will be a better ball club with Pujols.  Not that they weren't already.  Just makes them more dangerous.

5. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

a quarter of a BILLION dollars for one player and they won't even make the World Series

1. I am DB Cooper profile image65
      I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

By signing C.J. Wilson on the same day, they became favorites to win their division for the next 5 years. They took away one of the best pitchers from their dominant division rival and they got one of the best hitters in baseball, all in the same morning. Their top 4 starting pitchers are now Jered Weaver, C.J. Wilson, Dan Haren, and Ervin Santana. That's pretty darn good.

6. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

plus they got cj wilson. weaver wilson haren best 1 2 3

7. jcales profile image75
    jcalesposted 4 years ago

It's a done deal?  wow $250mil. sounds like the Dodgers with that wash-out Andruw Jones.

8. thelyricwriter profile image49
    thelyricwriterposted 4 years ago

The Angels have to be favorites now with the additions of Pujols and Wilson. Their lineup was already pretty good. Now with Weaver and Wilson, they are automatic contenders.