jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

You Know You're in Indiana When...

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

You know you're in Indiana, when your Facebook page is full of comments like "nothing but net!" OMG, WOW!!! "So awesome" etc.  And each one of those comments has about 100 Likes or comments.

How 'bout those Hoosiers! (But I missed the game, I'm sorry to say.)

2. Aficionada profile image93

The report from Sports Illustrated.  What a game!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basket … =hp_t11_a2

1. melbel profile image92
      melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I went to high school in Northern Indiana and since there is no place to shop here in Michigan, we actually do all our shopping in Indiana. I've lived in Michigan all my life, but I know a LOT more about Indiana and am more of a Hoosier than a Michigander.

That said, I'm not into sports and wow Midwesterners in general love their sports!

My family is into sports and are Notre Dame fans.

3. Aficionada profile image93

Woo-hoo!!

I like Notre Dame too - except when they are playing any of my other favorite teams in any sport big_smile.  That said, though, I'm basically lukewarm about most sports - but an Indiana-Kentucky rivalry is something else!

One of my Facebook friends, in her comment on the game, wrote "In 49 states it's just basketball . . . but this is INDIANA!!" 

I've never seen any place quite as wild about basketball, especially college and (even more!) high school basketball.

4. Aficionada profile image93

Someone posted this on Facebook.  It's a good example of Hoosier Hysteria - well, it should be; it's video from the winning shot in Saturday's game. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jsL6dR … ture=share

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not much of a sports fan.  But that was a great shot! smile
      I'd be in quite a quandry as a fan of either team, though, since I consider myself a Kentucky Hoosier! haha.  Ky gave 'em (us) a good fight.

5. Aficionada profile image93

So true!  We have Kentucky roots too.  And we also have North Carolina roots - so college basketball seasons can be a real quandary, some years lol!!  I'm usually happy if one of the three wins, preferably wherever I'm living at the time lol.

1. profile image0

lol
      smile

6. Aficionada profile image93

I got a chuckle out of the score posted on the TV video in the linked YouTube video.  Whoever was updating the score mistakenly gave the three points to Kentucky (on the TV banner), showing the final score as KY 75 - IU 70! instead of KY 72 - IU 73!

1. profile image0

Yeah I saw that.  Guess somebody else couldn't decide if they were pro-Hoosier or pro-Kentuckian too!  hahha

working