Tebow Magic

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I was watching Denver down 10 - 0 and feeling a bit disappointed that Tebow's run was going to end. Then the unbelievable happens.  Crazy.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's tough to not root for him.  Evangelicals who claim this as a sign from God might make it a bit easier though.

Look how well the Cardinals are suddenly doing.  That group of Godless heathens is pulling out a few tricks as well.

1. profile image0
        Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Ron... look at the Cardinals!

Anyways, Tebow has been doing rather marvelous work. However, I find the kid somewhat obnoxious. Then again, most athletes are quite obnoxious.

1. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He is just  a kid. He will grow up soon. But with regard to sports, he is like Jerry Rice, more fit than the competition.  That is where he gets his edge I think. It could end, but I like to see a quarterback put fear in the eyes of tacklers.  They usually  beat up on quarterbacks.

I am no Florida fan, but I think that Tebow was one of the top 5 college players ever.

2. seattleamilehigh1 profile image59
      seattleamilehigh1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's like clock work, the guy can;t miss when it matters most....At least so far. Brady and the Patriots will be the test this weekend, for the Broncos Defense. I'm convinced Tebow can move the ball on NE's D. Check out my Tebow Hub!

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

Its hard for me to watch Tebow. Like Daniella Lopez I find him obnoxious. Its like he lures you in with all this goody goody stuff and then bang he is just all goofy annoying smiles. Like when he comes into the press room right after changing out of his uniform in a suit and tie, and his tie isnt straight. It just feels like he is always doing something just to get attention,

Which he does, get attention that is, and obviously he is doing something right.

Will be interesting to see what happens next week when he matches up against Brady. For sure this will be one week I will be rooting for the kid to play the entire 4 quarters for coming up against the Pats he will need to.

Now the question is, will the Patriots get teebowed?

3. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

Well, he's got the Patriots this week, so we'll soon find out if he's really got that magic. A win would almost guarantee a division title for the Broncos, as they're already 1 game up in the division and they've got the Bills and Chiefs in week 16 and 17.

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Seriously, how can anyone not love Tim Tebow? He's absolutely adorable, and unlike Daniella Lopez, I don't find him hard to watch at all. In fact, I can't wait to watch him up against Brady and the Pats (big Pats fan here). I don't think he stands a chance, but you never know, he just might pull another rabbit out of his helmet for another win.

1. DJProfessorK profile image60
      DJProfessorKposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How can anyone not love Tebow? Simply, if you're a fan of a different AFC West team...

5. Manny2437 profile image69
    Manny2437posted 12 years ago

This guy is insane. I'm telling yu the lord is with the dude haha. But we will see what happens next week. A win, and no doubt the Broncos will win the AFC West. Raiders better get that win against Detroit.

6. S.Graveson profile image60
    S.Gravesonposted 12 years ago

Can't help but think the defense are the real unsung hero's of the Bronco's even though Tebow is stealing the headlines for last gasp winning efforts. Next week when the defense is likely to be made to look second rate to the Pats I don't think we'll see a "Tebow Time", instead his stats will be made to look very poor as the Pats manage to win by a large margin.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree that defense and special teams have played a big part in this Broncos run, but there's also something more than luck involved with these late-game comebacks by the offense. The Broncos wear teams down for the first 3 quarters with lots of runs (top rushing offense in football, by the way) and lots of options plays.

Unlike when other teams in the NFL run the ball, when the Broncos run the ball the defense has to defend against all 11 offensive players. Against any other team, a defense only has to defend against 10 offensive players on a running play, because the quarterback takes himself out of the play. Over the course of a full game, accounting for that extra player on every run play will take its toll on a defense. The Bears defense looked like they were on life support toward the end of the 4th quarter on Sunday. The D-line was basically just standing up from their stance at the snap and then waiting to see what Tebow was going to do. 7 straight completions and a long field goal later and the game is suddenly tied. This Broncos offense is built for the comeback, they just need the defense to keep them in the game.

While I expect the Patriots to win this game, I would not be shocked if they didn't. They've been about one bad play away from losing back-to-back games to the winless Colts and the terrible Redskins. With a playoff spot almost assured at this point, I'm not sure if the Patriots are very motivated right now.

7. Manny2437 profile image69

Graveson, I agree, the defense continues to keep this team in ball games. Prater's leg has been money as well.

8. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I think you're right about the defenses getting worn out.  Denver's offense is punishing.  I thought Tebow looked a bit fatigued last game.  It will be interesting to see if he can hold up.

9. Manny2437 profile image69

I would hope the Broncos were one of the top rushing teams in football, I mean it's all they do. They've got to be dead last in passing. Enjoy this dream season because next year it will not be this way. And they still need to hold on, there's still 3 games left and if Oakland beats Detroit, I still think the Raiders win the West.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oakland really needs to win out. They lose almost every tiebreaker, so they can't finish tied for the division or the wild card, with the exception of tying with the Jets, who they beat head-to-head. The Jets are a game up on the Raiders but still have the Giants and the unpredictable Dolphins left in weeks 16 and 17.

With the divisional tiebreakers going to the Broncos, and with the Bills and Chiefs left on Denver's schedule after this week's game against the Patriots, the Raiders are probably going to need divine intervention to win this division. Even if the Broncos lose to the Pats and the Raiders beat the Lions (and those are big "ifs"), I'd still favor the Broncos to win the division just based on the remaining schedule and the tiebreakers.

The way the Raiders have been playing lately, I think it's just as likely that they lose out rather than win out. They've been outscored 80-30 in their last two games, and those scores are deceptive because Oakland scored a lot of meaningless points late in both games while they were being blown out. They haven't scored a 1st half touchdown since they played the Vikings on November 20th.

10. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

What did Urlacher say about Tebow?

Something like-He's a great running back

11. Nickalooch profile image59
    Nickaloochposted 12 years ago

its the perfect storm of things that are allowing the Broncos to keep winning. Don't get me wrong I love Tebow, I love his work ethic but Elway and Manny above me are right. Elway knows that to excel in this league you need a legit passing game, and I think that's what Manny is hinting at. If the Broncos stick with this formula into next season they will be in for a rude awakening. Watching Tebow through the ball makes me want to hurl almost every time I see it, the running game will probably win their division but in my opinion that just reflects how terrible the AFC West is. The Raiders had injury after injury and 3+ quarterbacks starting over the course of the season. The Chargers aren't nearly as good as everyone though and the Chiefs were hit hard early on in the year by injuries.

12. Manny2437 profile image69

Bingo Nickalooch, we all know good and well that every team that plays the Broncos next season, especially in the AFC West are going to have a gameplan against what the Broncos are doing right now if Tebow is quarterback. They caught the league off guard this year. Also, their defense is going to have to be just as good if not better next year. Unless Tebow seriously works on his passing every day from the time the Broncos are eliminated to next season, I don't see the same success happening.

13. krjpublishing profile image61
    krjpublishingposted 12 years ago

It's definitely a great story, but if he doesn't improve his passing greatly in the off season, Denver is going to have lots of trouble next year. A lot of bounces have to go your way to win this way each week, 55 minutes of looking like Whoopi Goldberg and 5 minutes of looking like Halle Berry. The NFL can be strange. One year you're getting those breaks, the next, they're going against you and you're 2-14. Look at Tampa this year. This gameplan is gonna go the way of Miami's wildcat from a few years ago. Teams make adjustments in the NFL and unless that D turns into the Ravens D when Dilfer was the QB, they may crash to earth in a nasty way, again, just like Miami. I'm hoping that Tebow isn't soaking up the praise and continuing to work hard. He doesn't seem like the type to do so. As long as he's aware that Marion Barber won't be helping him out on the other side of the ball each week, he'll get better.

14. Brent Hale profile image61
    Brent Haleposted 12 years ago

The difference between the Orton-led Broncos and the Tebow-led Broncos is that the offense has been in possession of the ball an average of 6 more minutes per game with Tebow under center. This is due to lower turnover rates and the continuous running of the clock after run plays.

Since the Broncos rely on a heavy dosage of blitz packages the extra 6 minutes of rest the defense is getting per game since Tebow took over allows them to get maximum amounts of pressure on the quarterback. So, in a way, the defense has performed better due to the style of play that Tebow has brought the Broncos.

This style of football keeps them in games, and, as previously mentioned, wears down opposing defenses. It's the perfect formula and style of football for a guy who is a proven winner.

15. olodarkwriter profile image60
    olodarkwriterposted 12 years ago

Urlacher Schmerlacher. Bears lost. Tebow has brought some life into the NFL. I love football, but it needs some oomph or pizazz or something. Same ole same ole. Tebow has stirred up the pot.Makes for a great story.

16. strohecker3 profile image54
    strohecker3posted 12 years ago

I think the real unsung heroes are not tebow and the broncos, but rather the Texans.  Look at the injuries they have faced and with a third string quarterback they are still finding ways to win.  They have the most beat up and injured team in the NFL and are playing with more passion and motivation than any other team I have seen in years.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

sometimes, but not always sports can be "mental", you can be "psyched up". An inspiration coupled with believing that you can win will help you get there. That's what some coaches do to their players or some players acting as leaders. But this time, both the broncos defense should limit Pats scoring prowess and they should score "asap  - as soon as possible" not on the fourth q because he is facing Pats offense.

Pats 31 - Broncos 17

Tebow can practice some more with his passing. He is a promising quarterback.

18. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I think its going to be a close game.

19. Bigpayno profile image59
    Bigpaynoposted 12 years ago

The biggest thing that the "experts" didn't talk about at the end of that game is the Bears going into prevent and letting him pick them apart on that TD drive.  If they would have played aggressive defense like they did the entire game, the Broncos wouldn't have had a chance.  Tebow took advantage of the Bears mishap, but I think that was the bigger story in this game, not Tebow winning again.

20. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

I hope Denver can still win, hehehe

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)