jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Who's your bet to win it all, Lebron or KD?

1. paoloumali profile image62
    paoloumaliposted 4 years ago

OKC and Miami Heat are both 4-0 right now. Who do you want to be the champ this year?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is the year of the young teams, and I think the finals will definitely feature the thunder and heat this year. I doubt dallas repeats because they gave up too many key players like Chandler and Barrea that were instrumental to their championship run last year, and with very little time to practice together due to the lockout, i doubt seriously dallas repeats again.  Boston and the LA Lakers are going to struggle all year because they're older.  Orlando isn't going to do anything.  Chicago will still be a contender, but in the end, they're still the same team from last year.  Sure, they added a few new pieces, but nothing that i can see putting them ahead of the heat.

As far as who i think will win between the thunder and heat, I think in terms of talent, the heat SHOULD win against them, as they're a much more talented ball club.  Plus, they actually have a lot of good roleplayers this year that aren't injured, while adding in guys like Shane Battier who's a great defender.  However, a lot of this depends on miami.  Last year, LeBron allowed his ego to get in the way of the heat's title run, as he literally choked under the pressure the instant sports casters started giving more credit to wade than him; hence it'll really depend on LB.  Does he care about championships?  Or stats more? 

However, if LB chokes again in the finals like he did last year, then I think it's safe to say that the thunder are going to spank them.  Having said all this....go thunder. big_smile  lol

2. bruzzbuzz profile image60
      bruzzbuzzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would like to see the Thunder beat the Heat because I love to see the egomaniac and narcissist LeBron James get beat.

3. Mageplasm profile image60
      Mageplasmposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think the Miami Heat will win it all this year. Their new offense is killing opposing defense and will pay enormous dividends come playoff time.

2. 61
    grmikeposted 4 years ago

K.Durant is doing it the way L.James said wasn't possible, without max player teammates.  Miami's players almost set a dangerous precedent for the league where franchise players might give up on the rebuilding process sooner than they should.

3. Manny2437 profile image59
    Manny2437posted 4 years ago

4. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 4 years ago

Durant is the more likely option. The Heat have all of the pieces, but they have to hold off all of the pressure of the playoffs and not choke it away like the past. I say Durant steps up and seals the deal this year.

5. jcales profile image73
    jcalesposted 4 years ago

It looks like LeBron. He will be eager to get the monkey off his back and reverse his performance the finals last year

6. charmike4 profile image83
    charmike4posted 4 years ago

I think that it will be these two teams in the Finals with the Heat having a slight edge over the Thunder in the series. OKC are looking great but it will be hard to roll the Heat over the longer term.

7. samtenabray profile image59
    samtenabrayposted 4 years ago

Depends in Lebron goes missing in the 4th again

8. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I think, until Lebron wins a ring, he'll be known as a superstar who sometimes goes missing in the playoffs (last year with the Heat in the Finals- and the year before with the Cavs against the Celtics). I think the Heat will do it, but if there's one team, that could better them in a playoff series, then its the Thunder, KD, Westbrook and James Harden are awesome this year. Also watch out for the Clippers, a potential dark horse.

9. slywas007 profile image60
    slywas007posted 4 years ago

There is no doubt in my mind that the Miami Heat will win it all this year.  They have been playing extremely well this year.  Not to mention their bench players have also been playing well for them too. They are the total package this year, and I don't think they will have any problems wining the championship no matter who they play.