jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Paul Scholes back for Manchester UTD - madness or a stroke of genius?

1. Donnacha C profile image84
    Donnacha Cposted 4 years ago

In a strange and somewhat disturbing twist, Alex Ferguson decided that all his disappointingly playing team really needs is nothing more but a re-signing of a 37 year old ex player, who wasn`t even good enough by the end of his career last season, never mind some 6 months later with no match practice.... Scholes first appearance was this afternnon against rivals Manchester City, when Scholes not so surprisingly gifted the truly talanted and sharp Agero with a ball, which he quickly converted into City`s second goal....so is it madness or a stroke of genius?

2. zoey24 profile image85
    zoey24posted 4 years ago

I think its genius, Paul Scholes was one of Utd's greatest players, and although he retired he still kept in great shape coaching at old trafford. I am sure i read somewhere that he has only come back for one season, but with so many players out on injury it can only be a good thing.

3. chopper1965 profile image62
    chopper1965posted 4 years ago

I think he looked better and not as rusty as I thought he might.
    I feel it's a decent move for United as they've clearly missed Scholes and he can do a job for half a season. However they need to spend big in the summer and replace him for the long term.

4. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 4 years ago

He looked very good the other day, Man U haven't replaced him and i personally think Man Utd thought Wesley Sneijder would have joined them in the summer, which would of eased the pressure in that central role. But for now this is a good stop gap til they bring in someone with a bit of experience.

5. Gaarf Rosewell profile image77
    Gaarf Rosewellposted 4 years ago

It is absolute ... madness!!

6. AfricaResource profile image86
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

He ran the show against Liverpool yesterday! Other than looking a little ropey in his first couple of games back he looks like the Paul Scholes of old now!

7. Alhamora profile image54
    Alhamoraposted 4 years ago

Signing 37 year old Scholes? Why SAF is not signing new young players? They can't depend on Giggs, Scholes forever.

8. Deborah Rangel profile image61
    Deborah Rangelposted 4 years ago

I guess United need some exp in their midfield and that is why he is there, it's a wise tactical decision to play him in.

9. AfricaResource profile image86
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

If he can still play like that at 37 there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for him not to play. Cleverley looks like a top prospect, and who better to learn off, other then the maestro himself!