jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can the Carolina Panthers make it to the Super Bowl any time soon?

1. teamelite21 profile image60
    teamelite21posted 4 years ago

Now that Cam Newton is the Panthers QB, there has been a lot of hope spread around the Carolinas.  Is it false hope?  Do the Panthers really have what it takes to go all the way in the next 2 years?

1. I am DB Cooper profile image67
      I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, if they can make improvements on defense. They had one of the best season-to-season offensive turnarounds in history this year, and they were 6-10 despite having a terrible defense against both the pass and the run  (24th in opponent passing yards, 25th in opponent rushing yards). Of the 10 losses, only 4 were by more than one score, so they were in some close games. They had a quality win over Houston and played close games against the Saints and Packers.

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

Injuries killed there defence. Davis and beason were out again also more key guys had nagging injuries. We did see cam wake up steve smith to his pro bowl form. Our divison is so tough I dont see them winning it in the next 2 years but a wild card could be in your future!

3. teamelite21 profile image60
    teamelite21posted 4 years ago

Yeah, they did lose a few close games they could have won. Plus, they did put 18 players on IR. The Saints and Falcons are always tough during the regular season, and the Bucs are going to have an all new staff. The NFC South is probably the toughest and most mysterious division. I mean, you never know who is gonna be first or last. So it will be tough. I'd be happy to get in on a wild card. That's when they have known to be best. The bye week kills them for some reason.

1. Whimsical Chair profile image64
      Whimsical Chairposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree that the NFC South might be the toughest division.  They can go to the Super Bowl if they run and play defense when they get to the playoffs.  They can get to the Super Bowl if they get in as a wild card game by having different players in each playoff game make big plays.