The Giants and Patriots will face each other in the Super Bowl for the second time in five years. The Giants were 9-7 during the regular season but seemed to figure things out just in time for the playoffs. The Patriots haven't lost a game since a last-minute comeback by Eli Manning and the Giants two and a half months ago.
Remember this a good match up. Although I am not a real Patriot Fan nor Giant Fan. I honestly feel that since Manning is playing on his home turf and knowing his whole family will be there, yes including big brother. Just don't under estimate the Giants especially baby brother manning yet.
I am gonna have to say Giants. I don't like the Patriots and probably never will. However, the last time they played I had to think the Pats would win. I mean, Randy Moss was killin it. This time their defense is horrible and the Giants are on a roll defensively. Eli Manning is picking apart defenses too. Of course it will still be a close one. Brady and the Pats are not an easy beat, especially not in the Super Bowl.
I almost believe in the SI curse. Since Tom Brady is on the cover like he was 4 years ago and they lost, a lot of people are saying the same thing now. I said back in week 6 (here is the Hub to prove that: http://ninehundredtenchris.hubpages.com … ll-the-way) that the Giants would get here; and they have.
Many people, even on here said that I was crazy and it was wishful thinking, but look who has the last laugh! I am going for the G-MEN of course, but I do believe it will be close through-out.
In spite of overwhelming 49er support here in Norcal (including being the only Giants fan in my own home today!), I quietly stayed strong in my faith. I just KNEW they would do it. They WILL go all the way!
Yah as long as he plays like he did against Tebow, i think the game is wrapped for us, but on the other hand if he plays like he did tonight... oh how did Brady put it after the game on camera " I sucked tonight, thank god for the rest of my team" as long as he isn't saying that next weekend i think all will be good.
Well.. i don't know... Is it really to thank the ravens kicker, i mean hell, he would have tied the game. The person to thank is the ravens player who dropped the football in the endzone.. I mean he would have won it for them, he is who we really need to thank.
Lee Evans. As a Bills fan, I couldn't help but laugh when the Ravens picked him up. In the past, he's racked up decent receiving numbers, but almost all of his receptions were on deep balls. He can't run routes or catch contested passes. Now he's not as fast as he used to be, which makes him pretty useless on the deep ball. He had just 4 receptions in the regular season, but for some reason the Ravens thought they would surprise the Patriots and target him yesterday. It worked for most of the game, but when you've got to throw a pass into tight coverage at the end, Lee Evans is not the guy you want to be throwing to.
nothing like an October game at Shea Stadium .. and to think there I was sitting on the first base line watching history unfold right before my eyes! When Mookie hit that ball all hell broke loose. .. what a series. one of the greatest I have ever seen . .
of course not as good as this SuperBowl repeat is going to be.
I was tweeting like I usually do on Football game days . .. checked in here but not much going on .. and I too thought of you! Thats what I love about the game, so many people touch you during a season .. its a nice feeling to be compatriots (hmm interesting choice of words. that just flew off my fingers)
I think the Patriots are going to win. The Giants offense is too sporadic, especially with such a shaky offensive line. The Patriots offense will be in tip-top shape and score some serious points on the Giants D.
I don't feel threatened at all by the Pats defense. The Packers and 49ers have a way better defense than the Pats have. The Giants D is so hot its ridiculous! Not to mention there O-line has given up more sacks than last year, but the way they have gelled since the playoffs gives me no reason to think he will be rushed anymore than the Falcons were able to do.
1) The Patriots won their conference in a down year. Peyton Manning was out and had Matt Schaub not gotten injured, it's possible the Houston Texans would have had the home field advantage in the playoffs meaning New England would have had to travel to Houston.
2) Defense - The Giants have a tremendous pass rush. As Mike Tyson once said, "Everybody has a plan until they get hit." When Brady starts getting smacked around then things will change.
3) I believe the Giants offense has a greater advantage over the Patriots defense than the Patriots offense might have over the Giants defense meaning Eli will be able to move the ball especially because Cruz and Nicks are such great receivers who make plays happen.
4) Giants beat the defending Super Bowl champions in Lambeau.... wow! The Patriots beat Tim Tebo. Now... maybe that means they beat God (ha ha) but in fact we know that God was not involved in this right?
Just to play devil's advocate here (and I am picking the Giants to win):
1) The Giants had a negative point differential in the regular season. They gave up 6 more points than they scored. The Patriots scored 171 more points than they gave up. Weakened conference or not, the Patriots were overall a much more dominating team in the regular season.
2) The Patriots may have learned their weaknesses from their loss to the Giants in early November. They haven't lost a game since then, and their offense has been modified to take advantage of the two tight end set with lots of "dink and dunk" passes that add up to huge yardage and more running plays featuring tight end Aaron Hernandez (who didn't have a carry in their first game against the Giants). Tom Brady threw for 342 yards the first time they played, but his two interceptions were costly.
3) Despite poor stats overall, the Patriots only allowed an opponent to score 30 points once this season, and it was against Buffalo. The defense can't be blamed for that game, because Brady had a pick-6 and 3 other interceptions. Eli Manning has been playing well lately, but he's also been very lucky. Twice during the game against the 49ers he threw a ball directly to a defender, and twice the cornerback and the safety ran into each other trying to intercept the ball with no receiver near them. One of those collisions caused an injury that took a defensive player out of the game. What should have been 2 interceptions for Eli ended up being a benefit to the Giants because the 49ers defense was weakened by the injury.
4) Going into the playoffs, neither team had a very good record against the better teams in the league this season. The Patriots had zero wins against teams with a winning record (the Giants had 1: the Patriots), but 4 teams on their schedule finished 8-8 and would have had a winning record if the Patriots had lost to them. The Jets would have been a 10-win team if they had won both games against the Patriots instead of losing both.
Moot - regular season over and we all know the post season is as good a 'new season'
Hence the Pats are due for another loss to their Achilles Heel
football gods are shinning down
If only their locker room wasnt diseased.. . . if only I could give a huge list of if only's . .just glad NY has options and the Giants in the SB to take care of what the Jets couldnt attain. Big brother Gints will put the evil kids on the Jets block away and JetLife, I mean MetLife can go back to being the Meadowlands . home of the big blue
Glad to see you are picking the GMen. . .or am I?
its all good DB . .and you know I love your take on the game!!!!
ESPN is reporting that Gronkowski has a high ankle sprain. He claims he'll be ready for the big game, but it's doubtful he'll be at 100%. This is a major blow to the Patriots, as Gronkowski was their most-targeted receiver.
Belicheck cant be too happy with Rons, dad Gordie as he is the one supposedly who leaked this one. Gronkowski missed practice Thursday, but his dad said his son would be able to play in the Super Bowl in pain.
Not a good piece of news for the Pats as Gronkowski is probably the the most indispensable player on the Patriots offense besides Tom Brady, so his health and his pain will be key on Super Bowl Sunday.
gronks injury is overplayed by the media just like bellicheck wants!so dont be shocked when he gets 150 yards and 2-3 td's. The giants hae a good passrush but brady reads that and will take advantage of the soft middle plus rolle will have troubles with welker!
It's Rolle man..not Role..LOL...anyway...yes the Patriots can take advantage of an aggressive pass rush with plenty of screens to either Woodhead or Faulk...it could be a good time to unleash a lot of those...hell even to players like Welker or Hernandez...I could see that...I don't see Gronk getting 150 and 2-3 TDs but I do see him having a major impact...I also see them running the ball quite a bit up the middle as the Giants are prone to getting gashed in the run game.
Playing in Indy has to be good for the Pats with all their experience there. I'm just hoping for a good game and I'd really like to see Manning or Brady put their team on their back and carry them to a win in a magical way.
If Manning has two superbowl rings, does this get him into the Hall of Fame?
You think Indy's gonna work for Brady more than Manning? Interesting. I think the opposite. I have always "felt" there's an added incentive for little Eli this year, and that is Peyton's injury. Clan Manning cannot be discounted as a factor in the game psychology in Indy.
Brady won in the RCA dome..actually as I pointed out in the most comprehensive and well researched Super Bowl preview you will find on the net, Eli and Tom are a combined 0-2 at Lucas Oil Field...Brady barely lost and Eli got pummeled...read more about it here. <link snipped - no promotional links>
Hey, don't forget about me! I predicted this back in week 6, and I have the Hub to prove it!! It is funny how they told us we would lose to the Packers, the 49ers, and the Pats. Where are those haters now?? "Eli sucks, he got lucky the first time." "Eli folds under pressure." Guess what? We just proved to the world that we are better than the rest!!
There he is! Been wondering where you went oh loyal Giants supporter! No haters allowed on here. If you're not ALL IN like us, go lick your wounds and tend to your hangover in private. We know the truth!!
i sure didnt forget you . . go check your Giants Hub as I updated my comment and congratulate for when I came back here to this thread and cheered a bit with MM, I saw no sign of you so I went to get you
you got that right . .this is all about the glory of Champions!
I am a big Peyton Manning fan and I would like to see the Broncos do well this year. I just do not know if they have enough talent around Peyton to be competitive. This reminds me when Joe Montana went from the...
The Giants and 49ers were both underdogs this past weekend, and both came away with a win. Now they'll play each other for the right to advance to the Super Bowl. Who do you think will win this matchup?
I am sure many dont want to even think about this but there is a chance for a Jets-Giants Super Bowl this year. Both New York teams appear to be headed for the playoffs, since they appear to be on track to winning the...
If you take away history and consider just this season, who would you take Eli or Brady?Personally I think Manning is playing at a higher level than Brady. Add to that his elite elusiveness in the pocket and that is...