jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Who do you think should be the Giants first round running back?

1. 910chris profile image75
    910chrisposted 4 years ago

We all know Jacobs is gonna leave after the Super Bowl, but do you think that will be there first round pick? The Giants have had great sucess selecting there first round pick (Eli, JPP, Prince), but I am leaning towards a RB for the first pick. What do you guys think?

2. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago

I think they'll take an offensive tackle or a linebacker. The dropoff in talent and size from a late first round offensive tackle to a late second round offensive tackle is pretty big. I don't think the gap will be as big for running backs.

I'll admit it, I didn't think JPP was a good pick at the time, and boy have I been proven wrong. Eli has turned into an excellent pick (well, technically a trade), but I can't help but wonder what things would be like if they hadn't made the deal with the Chargers. The next-best QB on their list was Ben Roethlisberger, and the picks they traded away were used by the Chargers to select Shawn Merriman and Nate Kaeding. The Giants probably wouldn't have picked those two, but it just shows the Chargers probably got the better end of that deal, although it still hasn't been enough to get them a championship.

1. 910chris profile image75
      910chrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tell you the truth, I really don't see any good first round running backs. As far as JPP, not many people did either. The guy thats making the picks for the Giants over the last 5 years has been doing a heck of a job.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
        I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never been too big on taking running backs early in the draft. The late-round and undrafted guys tend to work harder and they are generally better pass blockers than the guys that get taken in the 1st round. The Giants will certainly overhaul their running game in the offseason, I just don't think it will be with an early draft pick.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 4 years ago

linebacker is there biggest need, te have been raping them all year!