jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Who Is Going To Be The Next England Manager ?

1. AfricaResource profile image86
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

Fabio Capello has just resigned as the England Manager, who is next inline for the job which is now crucial with the European Championships just around the corner

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you believe the FA? Why would they undermine Capello by removing the captaincy without speaking to him - they left him no option but to resign.

I wouldn't take the job if I was in line for it - and I thought the management of the Rugby team was bad! WOW!

Well at least we already have an excuse for failing miserably at the European Cup!

2. Shinkicker profile image89
      Shinkickerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would go for Mourinho. Proven at the highest level

2. innersmiff profile image79
    innersmiffposted 4 years ago

Totally ridiculous. I swear the FA does its hardest to make it as difficult as possible for England to succeed. All of this over something said in the heat of the moment.

The next order of the day is to appoint someone whilst causing as LEAST disruption as possible. So let's promote Stuart Pearce.

Stuart Pearce is the sensible short term solution - Redknapp for long term?

1. innersmiff profile image79
        innersmiffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I like Redknapp. The World Cup 2014 would be a nice tournament to retire with for him. In the meantime I reckon get Pearce on a short-term contract for the Euros. I'm really thinking of Tottenham here, as they don't want to lose their manager half way through the season, but either way I'd be happy if Redknapp was England manager.

3. AfricaResource profile image86

What about having Stuart Pearce take us up to the end of the Premier League season and then Harry taking over as the new England boss with his successor at Tottenham, Jose Moriniho? There's some food for thought!

Personally I say give Stuart Pearce the job until after the world cup - he knows the young players, and that must be a good thing while building a team!

1. JKenny profile image94
        JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like Stuart Pearce, he's done a good job with the under 21's, but I'm not sure whether the FA will give him the full time job. If he doesn't get it, then Redknapp deserves it. The problem is, that the England job is pretty much a poisoned chalice, it can either make or break your career.

4. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Yeah I like Mourinho, even if I don't agree with some of the tactics he employs in games. But I think the FA will opt for an English manager.

5. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

You would think he had ruled himself out of it -

http://au.eurosport.com/football/premie … tory.shtml

6. AfricaResource profile image86

It's a bizzare thing to admit to, however he's done a brilliant job at all the clubs he's been at, i don't think that can be questioned!

working