jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Crisis at Rangers

1. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Will Rangers go into administration? If so, will they survive as a Football Club? What will happen to Scottish Football if Rangers go under?

1. christopheranton profile image79
      christopherantonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it likely that someone will take them over. They are too famous a brand to go under.
      One thing is certain though, if they do go under. Their fans will not be migrating to Celtic.

2. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Haha! That is definitely a certainty, I used to know some Celtic fans at school, and you only had to breathe the word 'Rangers' and they'd turn into raging bulls. I think Rangers we'll survive one way or another, like you say they're far too famous to go under. I wish the same could be said for Portsmouth, apparently they've applied to re-enter administration, another ten point deduction that'll drop them into the relegation zone, will they ever turn things around?

1. howtohandbook profile image61
      howtohandbookposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sure, they will, it's just the matter of time, when the right people jump in buy Rangers.

3. AfricaResource profile image86
    AfricaResourceposted 4 years ago

Well there in administration, shame Scottish football really needs Rangers and Celtic to flourish. There's only one winner this season, thats for sure!

1. JKenny profile image95
      JKennyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

True, Celtic are 14 points clear, I think. For all the negativity that surrounds the Old Firm, e.g. sectarianism violence. We often forget how vital Celtic and Rangers are to Scottish Football. If Rangers go bust, then what the hell happens to Celtic. Apparently there are several Premier League clubs that could soon be in a similar situation, but its just paper talk for now.