D'Antoni resigns as Knicks coach

1. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

With D'Antoni gone, and Mike Woodson to take over; what will happen to the Knicks now? Will Linsanity fizzle out or continue. Will the Knicks make the playoffs?

2. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago

What a difference three weeks makes. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Carmelo Anthony does not make basketball teams better, he makes them worse. Anytime he scores two points, he seems to do so by taking 4 points away from his teammates. People are discussing whether or not Carmelo should have more say in personnel decisions in New York. They don't seem to realize that he's the problem. When everyone plays worse when you're around, you're the one that has to go.

D'Antoni is the scapegoat because the Knicks notoriously bad management doesn't want to admit to the mistake they've made with Carmelo. Did D'Antoni just forget how to coach after the Knicks were red-hot in February? It's almost as if some change were made to the team just before they started losing again. What was that change? Oh right, Carmelo came back. So I guess D'Antoni's big coaching mistake was putting Carmelo back on the court. Solution: Keep Carmelo, make D'Antoni resign. That makes perfectly logical sense in the world of the New York Knicks, one of the most underachieving franchises in professional sports over the past half century.

3. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

You've got a point there. The Knicks were definitely much better when Carmelo was sidelined, because it allowed Jeremy Lin to play more freely and rack up the stats. I feel sorry for D'Antoni because I like his approach to the game- offense fast breaks, quick buckets. Just hope the Knicks don't totally implode and post another losing season. The fans deserve a good playoff run, after so many disappointments over the last decade.