jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

New Stadium Plans For Oakland

1. 59
    KensCornerposted 4 years ago

The city of Oakland have approved plans to construct a new stadium in the waterfront section of downtown.  This mega facility will accommodate all three Bay Area pro sports teams, including the Raiders, Warriors, and A's.
    The good news about the new stadium is, the city owns the rights to the land where the stadium would be built.  Why is this a significant hurdle in the process? There's no one to negotiate financial matters with such as property taxes other than the city itself.
    The city council of Oakland, have dubbed the proposed stadium name: "The City Sports Complex," and said that a model will be on display soon for all to see.

1. vmartinezwilson profile image83
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Woohoo!  The Colleseum was getting old and worn.  Although I don't live in Oakland anymore I still love it!  Glad to hear they're going to utilize some unused area and upgrade it all.

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

With Al Davis out of the picture, the Raiders might even be able to draw a consistent crowd again.

3. Whimsical Chair profile image63
    Whimsical Chairposted 4 years ago

I hope this new stadium will be a great windfall for the FANS of Oakland Raiders.  I hope the players will think it's a great place to play in.  I wonder how will the city will pay for it?  I guess I'll do some research on it.

Please, please, let the new stadium come to fruition so the team won't come back to Los Angeles.  Please stay in Oakland, Raiders.  That's where they belong.