jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Tim Tebow is a New York Jet..!

1. ByChanceTV profile image59
    ByChanceTVposted 4 years ago

Looks like it all happened so fast.  Broncos release Tim Tebow for Draft Picks... Looks like New York is about to get a taste of Tebowism - East Coast Style..!

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Judging by reactions on Facebook, Jets fans are not happy about this.

From a personnel perspective, it's a low-risk move. They are basically just giving up the equivalent of an early 4th round draft pick for Tebow (the Broncos get the Jets 4th round pick and 6th round pick, and give up a 7th round pick along with Tebow). From a merchandising perspective, Tebow is gold. They'll probably sell millions of dollars worth of green Tebow jerseys. From a team chemistry perspective, this could be devastating. Mark Sanchez already had people questioning his ability, and now Tebow comes to town. Jets management has created a QB controversy where there wasn't one before. Jets players as recently as yesterday were saying the team doesn't need Tebow because Mark Sanchez is just fine. What does this move say about management's confidence in its starting QB?

2. puter_dr profile image83
    puter_drposted 4 years ago

I have no insight to the Jets thinking on this, but I would not be surprised to see Tebow playing QB in the Wildcat, and as a WR in goal line offense.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

All I know is I'd love to have Tebow on my team.  He works hard.  His attitude is unbelievable. He wins.

Sanchez has been close the last few years to getting benched.  I think Tebow will be fine, but Sanchez may have trouble adjusting.

Lin and Tim.  What else does NYC need?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Plus the media!

I am sure Tebow can adjust with any team - negative or positive fans, media or just hecklers!! Mark Sanchez is a level headed guy as well, never seen him hug the limelight and talk amidst all what is happening there!! The two can perhaps support each other with whatever the coach decision on who is going to play as the QB!

1. ByChanceTV profile image59
        ByChanceTVposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you think the Statue of Liberty will be able to 'Tebow' in that Skirt..?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
          prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile big_smile

4. Hugh Williamson profile image89
    Hugh Williamsonposted 4 years ago

Hold the phone...this just posted by ESPN.

"ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos and the Jets have encountered a hangup in the language in Tebow’s contract that could nullify the trade. Schefter cites a Broncos source as saying the hangup could keep the trade from happening."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 … m/related/

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It seems odd to me that this would leak to the press as a done deal before these details had been worked out. I wonder if they did this intentionally to see what fan reaction would be. On my Facebook feed it was overwhelmingly negative, with more than one Jets fan saying they were considering becoming Bills fans. That's some serious dislike for a guy who at most would be a backup/specialty situation quarterback.

5. Gregory Hasman 66 profile image60
    Gregory Hasman 66posted 4 years ago

I think the Jets is the wrong choice. Jacksonville would be better mainly because Gabbert has not totally won over the team and Tebow has a chance for the starting job. In New York, the locker room is too split and would not be as welcoming as the Broncos locker room.

6. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 4 years ago

The days of Rex Ryans telling his team to play like a Jet are now over . . new words out of his mouth will be pray like a Jet. ..

and this is one Jet fan who would rather see playing then praying.

Tannenbaum and Ryan have one last chance to bring Lombardi back to the Meadowlands. .. and the way these guys are making deals the only way Lombardi will be in New York next year is when the Giants do it again in Super Bowl 47  . . .