jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

NFL DRAFT

1. thelyricwriter profile image52
    thelyricwriterposted 4 years ago

What do you think about your team's pick? What surprised you the most?

2. thelyricwriter profile image52

The Bengals picked who I thought they would. Many people are surprised by Seattle's pick, which was West Virginia defensive end Bruce Irvin. I watched this kid play in person and I know of him well. Yes, a troubled past, but he is far beyond that now. With a little more strength, he will be valued at his pick. Irvin has speed and can have the size by fall. Seattle saw this in advance. Irvin has first round talent, but he will have to learn to be able to play every down. Seattle wants this in the future or they wouldn't have chosen him with their first pick.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You know how I feel about the Steelers pick. The Browns messed up the most, but that didn't surprise me.

Yeah, I like Bruce Irvin. There are several WVU players the Steelers have an eye on for the later rounds or free agents.

I hate to say this, but I think the Patriots scored big with DE Chandler Jones and LB Dont'a Hightower. They shored up a weak defense and got a lot more picks to go.

Hey, more big fun tonight!

3. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 4 years ago

Hey thelyricwriter, on the NFL Channel Kurt Warner just said the Steelers had the best draft so far and Charlie Casserly said it was the Bengals.

I pick the Browns for the worst draft. Same old same old.

4. thelyricwriter profile image52

I agree. Pittsburgh has an eye for pure talent. I believe they have the best scouts in the NFL. Glad the Bengals did well. Still have to see how they all pan out, but only time will tell. I never understand Cleveland. I thought for sure Mike H. would turn the franchise around, but nothing. I still think they should have brought in some talent to surround Phil Taylor. He is a beast, but since he is injured, it may not matter. If you want a chance in the AFC North, you have to have a top ten defense.

working