jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Avery fined for 6 games- is this good enough or not?

1. Lgali profile image50
    Lgaliposted 7 years ago

nhl player fined for 6 games for his comments

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It might help if you tell us what this is about.

1. Lgali profile image50
        Lgaliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery has been suspended by the National Hockey League for six games without pay, for his comments to the media on Tuesday.

The NHL announced Friday that Avery has also agreed to seek professional anger-management evaluation and, "if necessary, structured counselling in response to a pattern of unacceptable and anti-social behaviour."

Avery will serve four additional games to the two games he has missed already this week.

1. Jeromeo profile image61
          Jeromeoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It might help to know what the hell he said.

1. Lgali profile image50
            Lgaliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

more info
            Instead, Avery turned that page and began a new chapter by targeting a new subject.

As he emerged from the dressing area at the back of the visiting dressing room, he asked if a TSN camera were present.

When he saw that it was, Avery stepped in front of the microphones, didn't wait for a question to be asked and started talking.

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," began Avery. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my (former girlfriends).

"I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

And with that, Avery walked away and didn't stick around to explain any further.

It didn't take much to connect the dots, however. Avery's disparaging reference was most certainly directed at actress Elisha Cuthbert, who is currently dating Calgary Flames' defenceman Dion Phaneuf but who once dated Avery. Cuthbert has also been romantically linked in the past to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens.

Avery has also dated actress Rachel Hunter, now the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings' centre centre Jarrett Stoll, a former member of the Edmonton Oilers.

Avery delivered his extraordinarily uncouth manifesto after the Flames had left their morning skate, so Phaneuf was not available for comment. But it's unlikely the hard-hitting blueliner would have said anything, given that he's made his private life off limits to reporters.