jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Olympic Torches already for sale on Ebay

1. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Treasured for all of 3 days!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi … 50000.html

And in Truro,  shoplifter waving a bottle of nicked rose causes a lot more excitement than the real torch passing through

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … e-ros.html

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

Pity the olympic committee didnt think of selling it first!

1. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They'll probably sue the sellers for taking money that could have been earned by the Olympic sponsors or something lol! Only the gilded Olympic elite may make any money from these games lol

3. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

If you look closely it is a right scammers delight- I think e bay should pull most of the listings- they are selling pcitures of torches - and if you read the ad quickly you would probably think you were bidding on a torch- not the photo. Also someone has a hand held pocket torch that they took on the olympic route and they are selling that-!! It's an olympus torch not olympic torch

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this is just some individual people trying to cash in on the Olympic robbery-fest from which many businesses will profit.

The torch is totally meaningless to me. I thought it entailed people transporting it under their own steam. I've since heard it is being transported by cars, motorcycles and other motorised vehicles too. I was so disgusted when I found this out. The torch is coming through my home town next Saturday. I shall not make the effort to welcome it. I consider it has nil meaning for human endeavour whatsoever.

If people want to sell a metal candle holder, and idiots are prepared to pay the earth for it, more power to them!

5. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago