jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How many of you are long distance runners?

1. Bendo13 profile image85
    Bendo13posted 4 years ago

I'm curious how active you hubbers are in the wonderful world of long distance running... more specifically; marathon running.

Well, for three reasons...
    1. Ideas for new hub topics.
    2. A possible Hubber meet and greet.
    3. Competing for a cash prize, while supporting two great causes.

So, starting from the bottom up, I'm actually hosting a trail marathon in October, and if you're in the Northeast of the United States, or you love to travel, it would be awesome to see some hubbers take part in the event.

Now, I'm not going to link to the event page here, unless someone from HubPages says it's OK, but it's a charity race to raise funds and awareness about the Children & Nature Network & to raise funds for my 4,834 mile walk/run, from Delaware to California, to help kids reconnect with nature.

So, as you can see, I've got some big goals ahead of me but I think it would be awesome for us "Hubbers" to get out and meet each other in the real world.  Experience a race together, be active and healthy and just get to know others that produce content on this site.

And the beauty of it all?  Can you think of how many topics you'll have to write about, as you work toward training for this event?
    You could write about...
    *Your marathon training workout
    *Tips for running marathons
    *Products you use and love, that are used for endurance running
    *Your journey from fat, to fit, to endurance runner
    *Information on the Children & Nature Network
    *You can even interview me on what it takes to set up your own running event

So how many of you are endurance runners?
    Do you have a marathon in you?
    Are you interested in my event?

I'd love to see a nice chunk of this commmunity come together for something like this and "step outside of the box" and bring the community into the real world.

I mean, we all just got an email on Hubbing Retreats, right?
    Well, who's ready to take action on that?

2. iefox5 profile image61
    iefox5posted 4 years ago

I wanted to be and tried last year, but gave up for multiply reasons.

Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never been much of an endurance runner myself, I always kept my runs to a mile or two, but I want a new challenge and I know my body is capable. 

I think if you want something bad enough, you'll attain it... my main reason for not doing it before was I wanted to look a certain way, but the challenge is more appealing to me that caring how my image will change as I train.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

i used to run - not marathon...that's really hard work!...10k was just right for me.  I found running a lonely sport...luved stirring up the endorphins, but it would take a lot to motivate myself to get out there by myself!

i luv your challenge by the way...wow, you've set yourself some big goals!...good luck with that big_smile

Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  It will definitely be a challenge... hopefully my event isn't too lonely wink

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

i hope your event isn't lonely!...go for it!...me? i'll pass on the marathon...i still have my runners........................................................................................one day i'll put them back on

4. Fatcattango profile image60
    Fatcattangoposted 4 years ago

I live in Australia, so it's not really an option. However if I was in the US, I'd definitely be in!

Good luck with it all - its a great idea and a really worthwhile cause IMO.