6 Essential Guidelines to Look Slim in Saree
Okay so today no hanky panky or beating around the bush. We will discuss what bothers so many women when thinking of wearing their favourite outfit, namely, saree, which is looking fat or chubby in saree. Sarees are beautiful and sexy and one of our favourite attires in the whole wide world and I do not want my fans to think about looking fat to stop them from wearing saree. Yes best solution is to go on walks and do cardio and go to the gym or go for a swim to lose weight to look sexy in sarees but that is a solution for the long haul. Today I am here to give advice and provide guidelines on how to visually look slimmer in sarees. I do agree that sarees being one of the most “peek a boo” playing attires in existence does require some forethought. Still before sharing the 6 essential tips to look slim in saree, know this that, sarees are also very slimming compared to other outfits, especially if the material is light.
No # 1 Saree Fabrics that are Slimming
Most import element of looking slim in saree is the fabric with which the saree is made. Fabrics that drape well remove pounds off of the overall visual image. Materials that are slimming are georgettes, chiffons, Italian silks, net, crepes, light cotton saree and even georgette katan saris. Therefore fabrics which are light weight and nicely cling to the figure will make the lady look slimmer. However, if the wearer of the saree is concerned about the fabric being see though and feeling uncomfortable wearing transparent saree, she can opt for opaque fabrics which are also lightweight like georgette. Sarees which add weight to the overall look are fluffy materials like tissue and thick fabrics like benarasi katan, jute katan, jamdani sarees and any other fabric which do not cling to the body.
Fabrics which has a Slimming Effect
Saree Fabric which makes the Lady Look Chubby
No # 2 Border or Paar of the Saree
The border or what is called the paar of the saree plays a very important role as well. Border of the saree can make the lady look shorter and fatter or taller and slimmer depending on the type of border. Shorter women or overweight women should always go for a thin or narrow border if they want to look slim. If it is a cotton saree the lady can even go for a no border saree to look even taller. Remember looking tall creates the illusion of slim as well. On the other hand, taller women should go for thick borders.
No # 3 Draping the Saree Right
- The most slimming saree draping style is called the nivi style. This style of saree draping came from Andra Pradesh of India. When draping the saree nivi style the achol or pallu (the end part of the saree) of the saree hangs at the back from the left shoulder. The achol or pallu should hang about to where the knee is situated.
- If the pallu / achol is pleated and pinned it should be pleated narrow so that it does not stick out of the shoulder as that adds weight.
- The saree must be draped in a way that it covers the stomach area so that the extra flab cannot be seen and avoid wearing the saree too low.
No # 4 Wearing the Right Shoes
Remember at the beginning I mentioned that looking tall makes pounds vanish visually? Well this is where you need to invest in a good sexy pair of heels to add some height and look slimmer. If you are new to wearing sarees or uncomfortable in pencil heels, go for to 2.5 inches of comfortable heels. However, in doing so don’t make another fatal faux pas by wearing platform heels which look downright ugly with sarees.
Sexy High Heeled Shoes to Look Slim in Saree
No # 5 Type of Blouse to Wear to Look Slim in Saree
The blouse of the saree is indeed the deal maker or the deal breaker. An untidy blouse can add pounds to the overall appearance of the lady wearing the saree. To look slim in saree remember the following tips on blouses to look slim in sari:
- Wear sari blouse with three quarter sleeves as they will hide the flabby upper arms and make sure the sleeves are tightly sewn so as to hug the flabs into place. Full sleeve blouses also do the work but they hide the wrists where you can wear gorgeous glass bangles or gold bangles which look great with sarees. Avoid wearing sleeveless blouses.
- Must avoid wearing puff or goti sleeves as they will make the woman look like an overgrown baby with adult fat.
- Wear V neckline to look slim and avoid wearing boat neck. V neck design on saree blouse takes away pounds whereas boat necks make the shoulders look really broad and make the woman wearing the sari look overweight and fat.
- With longer sleeve blouses wear blouses with moderately big neckline at the back. The art of wearing saree well is showing some skin here and covering some there. If it’s all revealed it doesn’t look classy and if it’s all covered it looks like a block of colour.
2/3 Quarter and Full Sleeves are Slimming
No # 6 Wear the Right Bra with Saree to Look Fit
If the lady is fat and she has a lot of bosom then she would do good if she wears a good uplifting bra to give proper shape to her silhouette. Fat women usually think that since they have ample bosom it is not necessary to give much thought to her ladies. That is the wrong concept, wearing uplifting and shaping bra is necessary for fat women as well to create a beautiful womanly figure. Look how gorgeous Kiron Kher is looking with upright breasts in a solid rust coloured saree.
How to Wear Printed Sarees
One last thing that is noteworthy is when wearing printed sarees (printed sarees are awesome and very “IN’ thing to wear) if the lady is bulky she should steer clear of big prints. To look slimmer wear small floral prints and avoid at all cost big chunky prints. You can wear geometric prints too provided the prints are small in scale. Always wear solid one coloured simple blouse with printed sarees. Another great thing about printed sarees is they are usually on georgettes or chiffons and as we already know, these fabrics are very slimming and very easy to wear and carry too.
Hope these 5 essential guidelines to look slim in saree helped you all.
More by this Author
A comprehensive guide to saree blouse designs including various neckline and sleeve styles. Also, tips on how to wear a saree in the most flattering manner for your body type.
sharing 7 popular and favourite blouse designs that can be worn at parties and weddings with different types of sarees from traditional katans to chic and trendy chiffons and nets
100 Unique and Beautiful free images of Hearts the symbol of love. You can use these images for personal use. You can print these images or send them via email.